What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandpaper, goo gone, comet, Ajax, bleach white, etc. etc. The issue is that The supplier was/ is using a different process and materials for 15” series tires. It is a known issue and no amount of cleaning will make them white.
Dye the lettering white, if you don't want to buy fresh rubber just yet.

Tried to (unsuccessfully) clean the BFG brown letter tires again 🙄. Looks like some burn out videos are now in order. I need a reason to buy a new set that actually has crispy white letters.

View attachment 175782
What did you try to clean them with? Back when my brother had lowriders we used Simple Green or degreasers and it would leave the white walls nice and white. You can also Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
What did you try to clean them with? Back when my brother had lowriders we used Simple Green or degreasers and it would leave the white walls nice and white. You can also Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.
See post #700. Looks like he tried everything.

• Love
Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
They make white pens to refresh the letters... or I guess maybe correction fluid might work

FUDGED UP THE SIDE MIRROR .. IT MOUNTED ALOT HIGHER ON THER CUTLASS DOOR
SO MY MAKE HOLES MATCH LOCATIONS DIDNT TURN OUT TOO WELL .. LACK OF GBODY PARTS SWAP
KNOWLEDGE . IDK IF I MOUNT THIS MIRROR HIGHER OR GET THE RIGHT "SPORT" MIRROR ..

THIS SUB BOX OF 2X12'S WAS IN MY OLD TRUCK BUT HAD TO CUT IT DOWN 2.5" TO FULLY CLEAR SPRINGS AND DECK
SPEAKERS ..
The Malibu/Camino/LeMans/baby Bonnevilles have a taller sport mirror than the Buicks/Olds versions. The lower pedestal is about 1/2" taller, and the studs are in a slightly different location.The top portion is the same.

Also, factory-equipped sport mirror cars have a stiffener screwed to the intrusion beam that doubles up where the mirror studs penetrate the door skin, to help prevent cracking of the skin.

Last edited:
Ran a leakdown test on my recent 6.0 LQ4 purchase....

Don't think I'm gonna be able to throw it in the car and send it but maybe a few times before bigger problems come along... So I guess I will have to tear it down and go through it, which I was not planning on...

Test started out great... First cylinder was 6%, next was 7%.... Then way downhill from there.

This car isn't gonna be ls swapped til 2030 at this rate... And by then it will be as dated of a setup as my current SBC... Damn it.

• Sad
Reactions: Rktpwrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor