What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Put the compressor back to work and discovered that my stash of 3" velcro backed sanding discs was about gone and that I needed some coarser ones for doing the rough cuts.

Yo, Cutty, is that the project upgrade that I scored that LS6 manifold from last year? Was finally able to snatch the old unit and drop the -6 a couple of weeks ago and am now fiddling around with the injector connnections. My old ones were Multecs and the -6 has EV6's.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Put the compressor back to work and discovered that my stash of 3" velcro backed sanding discs was about gone and that I needed some coarser ones for doing the rough cuts.

Yo, Cutty, is that the project upgrade that I scored that LS6 manifold from last year? Was finally able to snatch the old unit and drop the -6 a couple of weeks ago and am now fiddling around with the injector connnections. My old ones were Multecs and the -6 has EV6's.

Nick
Yep Nick, thats the new setup that the LS6 intake came from. I have to build 2 more fuel lines (E85 PTFE sucks), we have to finish the dual pump wiring, and a couple other plugs. Being I'm unemployed for the next week or so I'm gonna try to get over there and help him get it buttoned up.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I wasn’t able to find those but the el Camino needed a 4.125” spread between mounting surfaces. I know pretty much every other gbody has a 6.5” spread.

Thank you for the offer! If you ever come by San Diego let me know. Always happy to meet fellow enthusiasts
My sister and brother in law have lived in various parts of so cal for probably the last 20 years. Things have been crazy lately but I used to get out that way at least a couple times, so, eventually we may just be able to!

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Up and at em' early this morning to clean the storage shed garage and get the Malibu in the air and level to make the next move, get the damn 8.8 axle mounted. Don't worry about the sketchy 2x4's in back, had to grab my tall cribbing that was buried in the storage shed.

Reactions: 8 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Was helping my buddy with his LSA upgrade on his Monte, getting real close to firing up. When leaving I noticed him sitting on the ground behind my car. Dang exhaust tone down the cam chop but its still there.... View attachment 196192

Good to see you back on the forum bud.

• Agree

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
OKay, so me here missing things as usual. You no longer driving for Sysco?? Sounds like wherever you landed has provided you with a better situation so a plus it would seem.

While I am talking LS here, would silicone die-electric grease like gets used on spark plug boots work on the injector O-rings. Half the battle in pulling the injectors was getting the O-rings to let go of the boss walls. When I popped the fuel rail, the O-rings remained in the ports. Just me, having that old time fun?? in the shop.

Nick

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
OKay, so me here missing things as usual. You no longer driving for Sysco?? Sounds like wherever you landed has provided you with a better situation so a plus it would seem.

While I am talking LS here, would silicone die-electric grease like gets used on spark plug boots work on the injector O-rings. Half the battle in pulling the injectors was getting the O-rings to let go of the boss walls. When I popped the fuel rail, the O-rings remained in the ports. Just me, having that old time fun?? in the shop.

Nick
The Sysco change just happened this past Thursday. Terrible and unsafe work conditions, over routing, and some potential federal violations that I won't dig into, but yeah that place is not what it was when I was growing up.
In regards to injector O rings, just dip your finger in some Dino oil and lube em up. That's the way I've always done them and never had an issue. Just look them over good to make sure of no abrasions or super small cuts. If so usually the parts stores have them in kits.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor