What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the notice today I was accepted
image0.png

Finally replaced my front bumper struts. Over six years ago I messed up and bumped the driver side of the bumper and collapsed the strut. It seemed impossible to find a stock replacement for a reasonable price. Motionraceworks came out with solid mounts and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the product. I know these will now transfer any low impact straight to the frame but I am willing to take that risk. It’s very nice to see the bumper straight again after all these years. 7CDFA2B2-CF5C-43CB-84A0-664B9CBB3181.jpeg

Today, so far, nothing. Yesterday I spent some time adding still more tacks to the lower flange on the inner door skin and dressing it all down with Cousin Dremel and its attachments. Today is supposed to be bark up the compressor day re complete a full refill which I can then vent to empty to clean out the tank and water trap of any crap or crud that may have attempted to find a home. The sight glass on the compressor pump shows clean oil so not going for a drain and refill on that right now.

Nick

Finally replaced my front bumper struts. Over six years ago I messed up and bumped the driver side of the bumper and collapsed the strut. It seemed impossible to find a stock replacement for a reasonable price. Motionraceworks came out with solid mounts and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the product. I know these will now transfer any low impact straight to the frame but I am willing to take that risk. It’s very nice to see the bumper straight again after all these years. View attachment 196100

I realize it’s probably too late now, but Kirban sells aluminum versions too.

Finally replaced my front bumper struts. Over six years ago I messed up and bumped the driver side of the bumper and collapsed the strut. It seemed impossible to find a stock replacement for a reasonable price. Motionraceworks came out with solid mounts and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the product. I know these will now transfer any low impact straight to the frame but I am willing to take that risk. It’s very nice to see the bumper straight again after all these years. View attachment 196100
Wish I knew you were in the hunt. AFAIK I have a 78 sport coupe bumper assembly in the back of my 79 silverado in the warehouse in West springfield.

According to Hollander, 112a is the 78-79 regal part, which is same as a 78-79 2dr cutlass. But Hollander also says 127 is a 78-79 2dr cutlass. And 127 is what a gmc sprint/caballero/Diablo cross checks as.

Long story short I'd have given you the pair for the banana if I was around and we were able to meet up. Do try to get up there a couple times a year. They'd be... used and dirtier than what you bought with assuredly surface rust from sitting for 40 years, although the car had 40k on it when wrecked and parted.

But, if you want to try to do some research on your own as to whether it's something that might work and would want to one day swap back to gas charged, just let me know. Offer will stand if they're still there.

I realize it’s probably too late now, but Kirban sells aluminum versions too.
I wasn’t able to find those but the el Camino needed a 4.125” spread between mounting surfaces. I know pretty much every other gbody has a 6.5” spread.
Wish I knew you were in the hunt. AFAIK I have a 78 sport coupe bumper assembly in the back of my 79 silverado in the warehouse in West springfield.

According to Hollander, 112a is the 78-79 regal part, which is same as a 78-79 2dr cutlass. But Hollander also says 127 is a 78-79 2dr cutlass. And 127 is what a gmc sprint/caballero/Diablo cross checks as.

Long story short I'd have given you the pair for the banana if I was around and we were able to meet up. Do try to get up there a couple times a year. They'd be... used and dirtier than what you bought with assuredly surface rust from sitting for 40 years, although the car had 40k on it when wrecked and parted.

But, if you want to try to do some research on your own as to whether it's something that might work and would want to one day swap back to gas charged, just let me know. Offer will stand if they're still there.
Thank you for the offer! If you ever come by San Diego let me know. Always happy to meet fellow enthusiasts

The govna in the fine state of NY passed muffler and exhaust noise legislation. So I figured I better get compliant , because that’s the type of person I am :-0 .

And shockingly 2 Cherry Bombs did quiet it down enough to make it comfortable.
6F9AE70E-E9EC-45B0-BEE1-EBB72246256C.jpeg

And was able to get it out for the 1st time of the year after more winter upgrades than I can count in both hands. Mother Nature finally complied.

0D7FD727-EFEA-4DAA-8DB2-5CAD11F8A5C6.jpeg

Bottom center number is speed. 75 at 2200 with converter locked in OD - it’s a very happy place.

Made my own set of adapters for the Hella H4 conversion headlights I'll be ordering soon. They come with Hella's own but mine are all Packard with salvage wires from a hacked up front lighting harness. Should do the same for the H1 conversion headlights since it'll look more factory like.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor