What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If you knew how much I drink to cope with society I need every bit of liver I have.
I'm less social as I have little use for society.

New place I bought as a stop gap to get away from apologist progressive aholes had in its original development plat documents a deeded right to the county for a 5 foot drainage easement at roadside.

I called the county office, talked to them about their thoughts vs my ideas. They've allowed me to expand it to a v-shaped ditch that's 10 feet across with about 4 foot drop from roadlevel and 6 foot drop from my land grade in the center. Also granted me approval to build a 10 foot tall privacy fence beyond the matter-of-right 7 footer. Its not a building permit so theres no 'deadline' to start or finish either, just once i can fit the work onto our collective plate. You know the saying, good fences make good neighbors, guess that'll make me a great one.

Is it possible someone could bother me? I guess. But I'm not making it easy on them to do so.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I live in Florida, we have some nice laws here. I'll build a fence out of the bodies I stack if I need to get the point across.

I'll take that and no problem with it.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I live in Florida, we have some nice laws here. I'll build a fence out of the bodies I stack if I need to get the point across.

I'll take that and no problem with it.
better get started....
1655362888920.png

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Actually these are a sort of woven fabric and are fairly heavy, just not overly so. I do agree about the POR-15. Found that out the hard way some many years ago. Fortunately it had not dried and I was able to remove it PDQ. I just finished turning my newest pair into camo by the simple expedient of doing a rust and scale removal exercise under my Monte prior to repainting the floor of the rear kickup over the rear end. The rear end, for its part, has cooperated nicely by not being there, at all! Took it out last year to work on it and ran out of time to stuff it back in, so it has been sitting on its dolly for almost a year now.

Plan is to refinish the floor, install the UMI cross brace and new KYB shocks, and then rehang it.

Did get the frame rails coated with a liberal layer of Rust Mort this afternoon as well. That was also a bunny suit, complete with full face mask and nitrile glove exercise. Took a combination of roller and brush to apply it as the brush works well for tight crevices and getting into corners and the roller moves material at a faster rate so good for flat surfaces or doing lots of surface in a hurry. That will be drying overnight tonight and tomorrow is the first coat of Rust Check anti-rust primer. After that, the sequence will be exactly like what I did with the S-10 frame.

Along the way I will also be rehanging the driver's door as it has now been mated to its new outer door skin and the adhesive is in the process of curing overnight. Sorry, no pictures of the assembly process, maybe of the semi-finished product; was too busy digging out all the clamps I owned to make sure the seams and edges got mated to each as tight as possible. Blew through pretty much a whole 2-part cartridge of Fusor to do it. Not that I was messy with the application, simply that when you start running that bead of adhesive, there is a lot of running seam to lay bead to. I must have gotten it close to right as there was very little squeeze out between the mated edges when I clamped them. Plus the additional blobs that secure the skin to the side anti crash internal door bar. Steve from the supply shop and I discussed that and he commented that the factory actually used a foam product that attached the skin to the bar but really wasn't an adhesive. It was more about eliminating rattles and oil canning than anything else, which sounds about right because I have salvaged samples of the stuff and it was fairly easy to scrape away from the metal. I don't think the Fusor will release that easy and I doubt that it will be me who tries to do it. (LOL)

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
When you said "Bunny Suit" I'm thinking you were wearing one like on "A Christmas Story"
Nah. Baggier, no tail to get dirty, and no ears, they'd just get ripped off when I try to imitate an inch worm and slither under one of the toys. Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Figured I'd see what all the fuss was about and washed it with a foam cannon attachment I just got. I like it.

20220618_074526.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
We need a before/after shot. I can hardly believe it was dirty already.
More so just dusty from all the crap in the air while I worked on it this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor