What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you still have that tin foil under your hood that Snyper had you put there in case you want to heat up a burrito.

Reactions: 1 users
I see you still have that tin foil under your hood that Snyper had you put there in case you want to heat up a burrito.

Still trying to avoid the RF that was supposed to go away when doing the Hyperspark, still have issues with the Holley screen jumping around

Still trying to avoid the RF that was supposed to go away when doing the Hyperspark, still have issues with the Holley screen jumping around
Hmm... so the Sniper still needs to have a tinfoil hat nearby.... passersby *might* think it was a little paranoid about something...

Could it be it's looking around, thinking, not sleeping well at night, getting a vague impression someone else has lived in its home in that engine bay before?

Feeling inadequate during long layoffs?

Fearing a return of the old resident....

it is a hero whose primaries flap in the night...
It is the marvel whose roar terrorized the asphalt...
it is the mighty quadrajet?

Muahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hmm... so the Sniper still needs to have a tinfoil hat nearby.... passersby *might* think it was a little paranoid about something...

Could it be it's looking around, thinking, not sleeping well at night, getting a vague impression someone else has lived in its home in that engine bay before?

Feeling inadequate during long layoffs?

Fearing a return of the old resident....

it is a hero whose primaries flap in the night...
It is the marvel whose roar terrorized the asphalt...
it is the mighty quadrajet?

Muahahahahaha
Not just the sniper, so yesterday took it to the place that rebuilt the transmission and they say the torque converter failed. So I think going to be pulling that on Saturday morning, but wanted to put gas in it since the gauge isn't so accurate lately and wouldn't you know it. Same spot and same issue, sat there for an hour and a half fighting with it, the jump box wouldn't get her done either at the battery or at the starter itself. So tried one jump and it didn't work, the lady was very weary of doing it in the first place but then gave me a god pamphlet and said it is the most important thing ill ever get. Luckily got a second guy who didn't give up when it flooded the first time, waiting a few minutes then got it to go on the second.....

Not just the sniper, so yesterday took it to the place that rebuilt the transmission and they say the torque converter failed. So I think going to be pulling that on Saturday morning, but wanted to put gas in it since the gauge isn't so accurate lately and wouldn't you know it. Same spot and same issue, sat there for an hour and a half fighting with it, the jump box wouldn't get her done either at the battery or at the starter itself. So tried one jump and it didn't work, the lady was very weary of doing it in the first place but then gave me a god pamphlet and said it is the most important thing ill ever get. Luckily got a second guy who didn't give up when it flooded the first time, waiting a few minutes then got it to go on the second.....
You tell her you already tried that but it wasn’t working on the car?😜

• Haha
Brought it home to move forward.

It's been dormant for a while now sitting in my X's garage. I need it close to the shop to finish out the mounting flanges & final shape for the raised front tubs & she needed the storage so I went & picked it up. With the battery charged up it popped off w/some starting fluid & I drove it onto the trailer w/o issue. Once back @ my place, I let it run for an extended period to cook off some of the funk on top of the pistons (dreaded valve seal leak/drippage). I buzzed around the block several times & it felt good to be scooting around in it.

Attachments

• 20231014_183454.jpg
    20231014_183454.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231014_183507.jpg
    20231014_183507.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 11 users
Third try is a charm, finally got the mirrors done on the '80. The first try had two light spots in the paint on both mirrors that I couldn't live with. The second time a small amount of left over water stuck inside the mirror housing made its way out and got sprayed onto the fresh paint and another light spot in the paint for the other. This time they look good except for a small run on the bottom of the passenger side pedestal that should wet sand, rub out and go away. Or at the least not be an eye sore since it's low on the pedestal near the black plastic gasket. Also tried and test fit the front fiberglass replica bumper filler on the front bumper. Not impressed and may just have to find a way to repair my original one. The three piece rear set is going to have to work as my originals fell apart and are useless. I did get the three piece rear set ready for primer. Will fuss with the filler panels more later...

IMG_4621.jpeg IMG_4615.jpeg IMG_4617.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor