What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot a message to @69hurstolds as I'm sure that he could be persuaded to make you 2 labels for the door,.one replica of what should've been there and one listing whatever size tire you bought for the car.

Here's another option for you though. Have you got a Discount tire nearby? The one at least around here says company policy is they'll sell their tire certificates on any tire, doesn't even need to be theirs, can already be on a vehicle.
I did get in touch with him last night about it. As soon as th '79 gets to the house I'll send him the needed info. I might ask to add "OPT TIRE P235/60R15" if possible but it will cover the 215/65's. We don't have a Discount Tire near by from what I can see. Actually there really isn't a great selection in the near area. I wish Sears was still around cause the local one didn't push the issue, you had to sign off that you wanted the tires on the invoice when the added the notes. Like joesregalproject I want to have my own tire machine just so I can do it all myself.

I'll add that back in my tire selling days we had a book that listed the acceptable "+1" sizes for most vehicles. It even listed metric sizes for the old sizing systems. Pep Boys always mad sure we had the most updated copies & wish I could find one now.

I did get in touch with him last night about it. As soon as th '79 gets to the house I'll send him the needed info. I might ask to add "OPT TIRE P235/60R15" if possible but it will cover the 215/65's. We don't have a Discount Tire near by from what I can see. Actually there really isn't a great selection in the near area. I wish Sears was still around cause the local one didn't push the issue, you had to sign off that you wanted the tires on the invoice when the added the notes. Like joesregalproject I want to have my own tire machine just so I can do it all myself.

I'll add that back in my tire selling days we had a book that listed the acceptable "+1" sizes for most vehicles. It even listed metric sizes for the old sizing systems. Pep Boys always mad sure we had the most updated copies & wish I could find one now.
The lawyers killed the discretion.

When you got the tards with their ridiculous alignment (or lack thereof) setups to run so low to the ground riding on the corners of the tires, things came even worse to the head.

Now you had car accidents and the quest for deep pockets, all because of poor traction issues leading to wrecks and giving the modifications of any type a bad name.

Wasnt long after that a contributing factor in any accident could be wrong size tires - brakes couldn't compensate for heavier rotating mass unintended by the manufacfurer, increasing stopping distance, contributing to accident, leading to injury. Now, defendant b, you installed these tires right? Did you follow the manufacturer requirements for the vehicle? Oh, so which was it, you did testing showing no negative impact that you can provide us, or, you took the liability upon yourself for anything that could result from your indifference, or, should we say, recklessness and negligence?

Reactions: Rktpwrd
The lawyers killed the discretion.

When you got the tards with their ridiculous alignment (or lack thereof) setups to run so low to the ground riding on the corners of the tires, things came even worse to the head.

Now you had car accidents and the quest for deep pockets, all because of poor traction issues leading to wrecks and giving the modifications of any type a bad name.

Wasnt long after that a contributing factor in any accident could be wrong size tires - brakes couldn't compensate for heavier rotating mass unintended by the manufacfurer, increasing stopping distance, contributing to accident, leading to injury. Now, defendant b, you installed these tires right? Did you follow the manufacturer requirements for the vehicle? Oh, so which was it, you did testing showing no negative impact that you can provide us, or, you took the liability upon yourself for anything that could result from your indifference, or, should we say, recklessness and negligence?
This here is another reason for a stock size combo that is for our platform.

Sounds like the lawyers and risk managers have been hanging around the service shop again. Too many lawsuits over mismatched components that failed or causes other systems to fail. Wall-E world is especially susceptible to crank and frivolus lawsuits from certain demographics who are prone to scream "lawsuit" at the drop of an opportunity.

Not saying or taking the side of the supervisor here; don't know him, don't want to know him. Our local W-W has exactly one individual that I know of who actually knows where stuff is on the shelves and whether or not they have stock. Don't think he will be there much longer; competent people tend to move on quickly.

Nick

Sounds like the lawyers and risk managers have been hanging around the service shop again. Too many lawsuits over mismatched components that failed or causes other systems to fail. Wall-E world is especially susceptible to crank and frivolus lawsuits from certain demographics who are prone to scream "lawsuit" at the drop of an opportunity.

Not saying or taking the side of the supervisor here; don't know him, don't want to know him. Our local W-W has exactly one individual that I know of who actually knows where stuff is on the shelves and whether or not they have stock. Don't think he will be there much longer; competent people tend to move on quickly.

Nick
This manager also argued with me about Walmart's price matching the .com's prices in store when I had them put tires on the wife's car. Corprate web site said yes, he said no. They were a stocking brand & size but he said Walmart didn't do it anymore. After I told him they were going to put the old tires back on & I wasn't going to pay a dime cause I was told all was good when scheduling the install he said he'll allow just this one time. He'll also be the same guy stopping you from buying a size 78 battery when the car had a size 70. The very few competent guys in the auto center don't seem to crazy about him.

Don't think he'll be there much longer. Corporate might be in turtle drive when it comes to the welfare of the staff but they do tend to take complaints filed at the corporate level with some degree of seriousness. Particularly if they affect sales and therefore the ROI that the share and stock holders expect to receive.

Nick

View attachment 226110
Here's a couple more days on the front of quarter there were more dings and dangs. Had the usual dent near the reverse compound (Haunch) contour took more time then I expected.Not see is changing headlight 2 of the trim screws had froze to the plastic nuts I did drill the heads off the screws after fiddling with other ideas "..the screws did get hot from drilling mentioning this for info,the plastic rim holes melted a little and I might need a larger screw . After thoughts are that I might of gotten a hold on the screw and knocked it and the little plastic nut out from the back but it was taking hours .ordered new screws of ebay 10 bucks... screws came still working that quarter anouther half day findes me adding filler and hand sanding whole side and the perifrial edges of repair section .View attachment 226412View attachment 226110View attachment 226742Six or seven days now loosing tractView attachment 226110
View attachment 226906Started top half of door more metal working proved changes to bottom half its the whole door or nun seen a little dent on other side when I took the warped Darby board to the other side for curvature check later still working on drivers door 7 days plus. See bottom edge at front doors got to come off for welding ect.
20230829_162416.jpg

Last edited:
Finally starting the install of my serpentine set up. My buddy powder coated the brackets and they look awesome. Just need to get a belt and tighten everything up BTW, this stuff is from a 1989 S10 Blazer 4.3View attachment 226912View attachment 226913
You're in there.... might as well clean & rattle-can those pulleys. I also suggest a fresh tensioner + idler pulley that way everything serp set-up wise is fresh. If not in the budget, I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor