What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

on Thursday I drove around to a few used tire shops, then started calling more. NOBODY carries used 14" tires unless they're trailer tires. All I need is rolling stock for now. I must have contacted about 12-15 shops total, only 2 205/75R14 tires the whole time, those two being at separate shops.

then on friday I had to title the recently bought Elkie before going to work because it was the last day within the 30 days to get it done. got there, ran the whole thing thru......."ok sir, we need the old license plate." "I called the office before coming over her, no one said to bring that! I don't plan on using it, why not just cancel it?" "It's still active/valid sir" wtf! dammit! so now I got to title on Tuesday AFTER the 30 days is run out and they're going to charge me a 5% penalty! essholes!

Last edited:
  • Scared
Reactions: CrammerGram69
Tarp held up good. Haven’t had a chance to pull it and look under.
Surge came and left quick. Went to bed around 11ish PM right after loosing power. There was no flooding. Woke up around 7ish AM and there was no flooding but you can see the water made it right up to the car.
Cell service is terrible. Still no internet. Power came back last night.
IMG_7399.jpeg

Met my stepmom for breakfast and got a nice shower while in there so the car ended up soaked
1728910226351.jpeg

Then went to a Cars N Coffee a buddy was doing
1728910260529.jpeg

Damn that sounds rough and i live in a super small town as well. Sheet. If you can wait a couple of days i use Simpletire.com they have free shipping. But have a good stock of 14s on there... P.s I hate that DMV sh*t with titles. Been trying to get one for a '08 Ford Fusion i have and they won't let me get one unless i have it Approved by a Certified mechanic for "Value" to then sell. Like Yep. Not rebuying new cars.
on Thursday I drove around to a few used tire shops, then started calling more. NOBODY carries used 14" tires unless they're trailer tires. All I need is rolling stock for now. I must have contacted about 12-5 shops total, only 2 205/75R14 tires the whole time, those two being at separate shops.

then on friday I had to title the recently bought Elkie before going to work because it was the last day within the 30 days to get it done. got there, ran the whole thing thru......."ok sir, we need the old license plate." "I called the office before coming over her, no one said to bring that! I don't plan on using it, why not just cancel it?" "It's still active/valid sir" wtf! dammit! so now I got to title on Tuesday AFTER the 30 days is run out and they're going to charge me a 5% penalty! essholes!

YESTERDAY actually took front bumper off to replace the filler thar was included in the trunk when I purchased. Was wondering what and how it got misplaced there "..... OK when I got to the bumper a couple things I did and noticed in a short while, first was I replaced the aluminum rivets with self tapper screws , no way my big rivit tools going to draw rivets in those deep sockets of the 4 inch filler bottoms I used 1/4" self tapping screws so...get a dozen if youŕ changing all the filler rivets" !... I chiped the fiberglass bosses on a couple of the cover pinch bolts under the headlight area' well 2 out of 6 glued one with epoxy and made a pinch washer out of 1/16 steel ( difficult) fir the other chiped bolt ,you really can't get vise grips to hold the clip nuts and oiling and turning them back and forth count it lucky if 2 is all you chip ? (Fiberglass) used old oil on yhe rusted threads but nevertheless it had to come off .when I tried the cover ( bumper) fit I then noticed something out of position about the bumper it's self .Nun of this made sense the right side of bumper was 1/2" low but the filler must have been removed far enough back in time for the bolts to rust again how did the bumper get to be so low out of position "?... I was able to remove both shims behind bumper and push it up on the slots all the way so I think I'm in speck' now. I'm avoiding thinking the frames nurffed...nah ...must be a stretched" bumper bracket were some 4 wd truck snached the old gal ' out of a ditch were Elrod did his courting on winter days" lol"....Furthermore are you still reading ? sanding and cleaning painted a few rusty things" like the metal pinch plate the factory made to hold the lip of the rubber bumper to the headlight bezels.. , speaking of when I tried reassembling the cover it was getting dark and I was getting tired ".... I couldn't get the passenger side to allow me to mate/match the pin in the pinch plate to the under side of headlight bucket , il take it back off and drill yhe pin holes side ways so I can hit them but it wi be a nuther day I've had enough for 1 day...and the bumper cover I'm going to stretch the left corner with heat and a peice of wood" ( hot) because it was shrunk and wouldn't sit up to the left side of fiberglass headlight "bucket bottom ect ect..sanding on front is no way over yet either...working on getting some moulding cover for the filler strip ( moulding ) if this isn't dismal ' enuff I've been finding more spot putty areas on the fender and door bottom...uggh..

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
on Thursday I drove around to a few used tire shops, then started calling more. NOBODY carries used 14" tires unless they're trailer tires. All I need is rolling stock for now. I must have contacted about 12-15 shops total, only 2 205/75R14 tires the whole time, those two being at separate shops.

Been there done that with the 14's. I ended up getting load range C trailer tires to get me by, but that was the last straw before I ponied up for 16" rims.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor