What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
LH6 GenIV aluminum 5.3 with AFM? That's what we have in the wife's Envoy. I bought it with brand spankin new GM bags with 63k on the clock. I sh*t an oil pressure sensor and when I replaced it, I discovered there's a little screen that goes under it. I managed to tear it and after that had occasional odd sensor readings. I think metal shavings find their way up there. I eventually replaced the screen and readings have been consistently. I know these motors have issues with the bypass piston sticking in the pump causing low pressure along with all the AFM BS. I keep an eye on it though, as long as you catch this stuff early the motors seem to survive.
The o-ring on the oil pump pickup is a known failure point and also causes low oil pressure.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
LH6 GenIV aluminum 5.3 with AFM? That's what we have in the wife's Envoy. I bought it with brand spankin new GM bags with 63k on the clock. I sh*t an oil pressure sensor and when I replaced it, I discovered there's a little screen that goes under it. I managed to tear it and after that had occasional odd sensor readings. I think metal shavings find their way up there. I eventually replaced the screen and readings have been consistently. I know these motors have issues with the bypass piston sticking in the pump causing low pressure along with all the AFM BS. I keep an eye on it though, as long as you catch this stuff early the motors seem to survive.

This is an 04 so lm4 gen 3.5, non afm.

I don't think non afm engines have the screen.

I know 20 psi is enough, but it bugs me it used to have 40. I've watched it click down over the past 30k or so.

I know you can do pumps in trucks and cars pretty easy but I have no idea if the pan has to get dropped to change it in this. I think it does and I really would rather not.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Messed around with some tile layout on the island, put down some plywood for countertop underlayment. Mounted the range hood and it's chimney. Drilled the floor and mounted a couple posts for an over hang on the island that will serve as a breakfast bar. Also installed hardware in the showers and did some plumbing for the master vanities.
IMG_20191206_201016910.jpg
IMG_20191206_201046176.jpg
IMG_20191208_132613195_HDR.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, that'd ****in blow to drop the pan in one of these with the front diff bullshit in the way. I was able to purge the front diff and replace the hammered *ss outer tie rods in mine today. Reset toe with my Longacre toe plates I bought for the race car. It's an asspain to only be able to set total toe when you're trying to center the steering wheel, but it still beats paying some pimply faced assclown to put you within factory green alignment settings that make no sense.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took advantage of the half way decent weather and drive it around both Saturday and Sunday

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Got 4 Goodyear wrangler tires on Jeep wheels 235/75-15 2 are nice 2 are iffy but they were free so there going to get put on the suburban rims and I'll give the rims to my friend for his car trailer

Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Got 4 Goodyear wrangler tires on Jeep wheels 235/75-15
Good score. Real Jeep rims are hard to find. The Wranglers don't wear very well but are awesome in the snow.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Messed around with some tile layout on the island, put down some plywood for countertop underlayment. Mounted the range hood and it's chimney. Drilled the floor and mounted a couple posts for an over hang on the island that will serve as a breakfast bar. Also installed hardware in the showers and did some plumbing for the master vanities. View attachment 130209 View attachment 130210 View attachment 130211

nice work and it'll look awsome when your finished, my son is bulding an island and for the top he got hold of the ally from a bowling alley they were tearing down

Reactions: 3 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Got the brilliant idea :rolleyes: about 1:30 this morning to make something for my brother for Christmas. Got it all laid out last night and cut it out this afternoon. Going to make a clock out of it and have my wife paint it, since she LOVES to paint crafts.
20191211_174142.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor