What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Sounds like typical Ford truck mileage. Other than our main highway 75 mph is about the safe max, 80 mph isn't a thing here, unless you want a ticket.
70 is the speed on the stretch of highway betwwen my place and des moines to the east and omaha to west. it nestled down to 55 towards des moines' downtown area. if you arent going at least 5-10 over on a given highway you get passed like youre going backwards. before i realized the odo was off a week after i got the truck, the sumbitches got me with a speed trap doing 73 in a 60 just keeping up with traffic.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
70 is the speed on the stretch of highway betwwen my place and des moines to the east and omaha to west. it nestled down to 55 towards des moines' downtown area. if you arent going at least 5-10 over on a given highway you get passed like youre going backwards. before i realized the odo was off a week after i got the truck, the sumbitches got me with a speed trap doing 73 in a 60 just keeping up with traffic.
Everyone drives fast here too and tail gates like mad here. The RCMP are out on the major highway's here pretty often.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The RCMP are out on the major highway's here pretty often.
Wouldn't they get hit by the trucks? I'd think it's safer to stay on the shoulders. Then again, when they get splattered it would slow traffic down so I guess it's just a different way of doing things...:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Wouldn't they get hit by the trucks? I'd think it's safer to stay on the shoulders. Then again, when they get splattered it would slow traffic down so I guess it's just a different way of doing things...:LOL:
They actually have to take up the lane on purpose, a policy now, officers have been hit and killed.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
They actually have to take up the lane on purpose, a policy now, officers have been hit and killed.
If it's thay bad they should be buying RHD cruisers, park offset into the lane as required and approach the passenger side perhaps... feel bad for all those families, I was picturing a guy on a horse standing in the road

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Got after two of the side projects this morning. First up was the 69 Camaro, opened up the new Digital Dakota gauges and mounted them the a new gauge cluster, high quality pieces.

Soon

Next up was the "Leg Breaker" 4 wheeler, needed to pull the carb and clean it, bunch of trash settled into the carb after the rollover. Secondly the tires needed slimed for puncture protection. Carb cleaned and tires slimed, need a couple hose clamps to put the fuel filter in.

Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012
Bought another 😁

20211023_163456.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor