What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I went to pay Ben for the tuning and talk to him about the high rail pressure problem. After a bit of conversation I guess I got officially sponsored by Jersey diesel performance. I'm setting him up with the body shop where I work for all his body and paint needs. There's a jersey diesel performance sticker going on the window of my truck and and my live EFI needs are now on the house for as long as I have the truck. I will be painting 2 bed sides for him however. There brand new skins for his super duty that he drag races they just pin to the roll cage. I don't minde doing that kind of stuff anyway so it's a quite fair trade in my opinion. He did a few changes to the tune tonight and it felt more like my truck driving home. He's currently writing all new tunes for it tonight and he's going to text me sometime tomorrow to come and have him load them in. He said my daily driver eco tune will be about 100hp over stock and for fuel economy. It will also have a towing tune and the other 3 will be performance 5 being set on kill. And set on kill it should be in the 700 range. Handy at a run your tow rig event. Could be fun. I've just got to figure out where I'm putting this sticker now. I'm not a big sticker guy unless it says W-30 or RAM ROD 350 something like that.

When a sticker pays it gets priority on vehicle placement. When it's just some pimply faced teenager who bought a K&N filter for his car and want all his friends to know, that's different. This is an adult sticker.

When a sticker pays it gets priority on vehicle placement. When it's just some pimply faced teenager who bought a K&N filter for his car and want all his friends to know, that's different. This is an adult sticker.
Yeah I'm just not sure where to put it. I'm guessing I should scrape off the ones it came with on the back window I wanted to anyway and put it there
Stickers add power.. 🙂
This one definitely dose anyway. More than I ever wanted in my tow pig daily driver. Now I'm back to researching what rear shocks to buy for it so towing isn't so sketchy. I've got to go out and take some measurements because I'm not quite sure how much it's lifted all I know is all the parts under it say fabtech and it's got 35" tires

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Yeah I'm just not sure where to put it. I'm guessing I should scrape off the ones it came with on the back window I wanted to anyway and put it there

This one definitely dose anyway. More than I ever wanted in my tow pig daily driver. Now I'm back to researching what rear shocks to buy for it so towing isn't so sketchy. I've got to go out and take some measurements because I'm not quite sure how much it's lifted all I know is all the parts under it say fabtech and it's got 35" tires
Some sort of an air adjustable, with a small compressor stowed in the truck?

The thing with so many tunes, power, and uses, is the stiffness you want with towing probably aid wheelhop in the higher power modes.

Or, could go with something geared towards unloaded driving and just add airbags, again, with the onboard compressor...

Reactions: Clutch
Finished up my 6x6 platform for my hunting blind. Got it leveled and braced. Now to build the blind and get it installed on top.

20220903_123828.jpg

Some sort of an air adjustable, with a small compressor stowed in the truck?

The thing with so many tunes, power, and uses, is the stiffness you want with towing probably aid wheelhop in the higher power modes.

Or, could go with something geared towards unloaded driving and just add airbags, again, with the onboard compressor...
Apparently yes at some point it had a factory compressor and rear air ride however it was all removed. I personally need the truck more for towing and hauling than racing so I plan to put new rear shocks and aftermarket air bags in it. I'm also trying with the idea of the fab tech traction bars to tame axel wrap. But again nothing today. Today I took the day completely off I stayed home, I had a home made tuna melt for breakfast, smoked kielbasa for lunch and stake and potatoes for dinner. Didn't go anywhere even took a as mall nap this afternoon. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow

Apparently yes at some point it had a factory compressor and rear air ride however it was all removed. I personally need the truck more for towing and hauling than racing so I plan to put new rear shocks and aftermarket air bags in it. I'm also trying with the idea of the fab tech traction bars to tame axel wrap. But again nothing today. Today I took the day completely off I stayed home, I had a home made tuna melt for breakfast, smoked kielbasa for lunch and stake and potatoes for dinner. Didn't go anywhere even took a as mall nap this afternoon. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow

As in bathroom will take a beating or you should have been more productive?

• Haha
Reactions: Rktpwrd
With that kind of caloric intake today, I strongly suspect that he will be quite productive tomorrow!!! Hope that throne room has a ceiling fan with multiple speeds to handle the load. Either that or score a case of room deodorant/sanitizer.

Moving on......................Snigger, snigger,...........................I had been in touch with a guy I know who has a small wrecking yard located out in an adjacent municipality. On the hunt for some trim and misc parts for my non G-Body---G-Body Van. Turned out that he didn't have the dash screws that I was looking for but did have an EGR canister bracket that might work as a replacement for the one that has gone MIA. This makes 3 variants of that bracket that have come into my possession, and none of them are a direct bolt in.

Also learned that he might have a 350 for which a guy I know was looking for. In the local headlong rush to acquire and own the latest and greatest, the stash of discards has shrunk as they get policed up and shredded for Prius fodder. What he has is a 327 that he says is frozen solid but I just happen to have a case of Marvel Mystery OIl and some time this winter for a semi long term project. The pistons and rings will likely be junk but if I can get the beast to spin over by hand then it can come apart. Worth it for the crank and heads if nothing else. I already have a cradle chassis made and can set it up to support my LS Orphan now that the intake system is mechanically complete. That would free up the engine stand to use with the sbc.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Evidently the whole male population of here has gone fishing for the long weekend! Must have been some kind of mass exodus right after work end on Friday. Don't envy them much; between Friday and Today the daily high has dropped 20+ degrees from around 85 or so on Friday to around 63+/- for today/Sunday. That kind of heat, when matched with a low humidity/humidex level, makes my body HAPPY! It is the kind of warm that you can both work outside comfortably in and that lets you park your bones in a high back lawn chair on the front porch and cop a snooze when you get home. Great way to decompress after a day of interaction with the unwashed masses, and even some who have taken a bath recently?!?!.

Yesterday was dress down the welds day, so today is make more passes day to finish off the remaining seams and fill in the gaps from the first passes that I knew I would discover due to having to deal with thin metal and the necessity of skipping some spots to avoid blow through due to excess heat. Once the gaps got cold they can be "frog welded", that is, one tack here, "hop or jump" ahead a few inches, set another tack, hop again, get to the end, and return to the beginning and do it all over again until you have a continuous seam.

Nick

Reactions: Clutch
Got around to popping these little plastic rivets back in the lower bumper plastic, the 5 center ones were missing.

Jumped on Amazon and found them for the truck, as well as a kit with the tools. $26 then a $10 discount coupon that I had no idea I had was applied, so $16 to the door. I'll take it. 🙂

20220904_125435.jpg

20220904_124644.jpg
20220904_124614.jpg
20220904_124557.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor