What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock on wood made it to work and made it to lunch no problem. It seems different every time I drive it I guess that's the computer learning idk it dose have a clunk in the left front but I think that started before all the problems came in and a front wheel bearing is groaning but I'll deal with that in time. It seems like I have a vibration I didn't have before also but for now I'm just going to do nice easy miles before I rip back into anything. I kinda need a brake

Knock on wood made it to work and made it to lunch no problem. It seems different every time I drive it I guess that's the computer learning idk it dose have a clunk in the left front but I think that started before all the problems came in and a front wheel bearing is groaning but I'll deal with that in time. It seems like I have a vibration I didn't have before also but for now I'm just going to do nice easy miles before I rip back into anything. I kinda need a brake

What was it, a week's driving to clean the tune up?

I remember the first few weeks of driving after I got my old F150 back together. I didn't trust it at all and I was paranoid about any noise I heard. Felt strange to actually be using it for transportation.

Glad to see you've got it back on the road.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and Tomeal
I remember the first few weeks of driving after I got my old F150 back together. I didn't trust it at all and I was paranoid about any noise I heard. Felt strange to actually be using it for transportation.

Glad to see you've got it back on the road.

That makes 3 of us (but I'm over the noises now). Mounted and balanced new tires yesterday, went for a rip to Lowes and back today and finally experienced the full power with traction. It felt weird, I hadn't felt it lift the nose like that since it was at sea level. And just slamming second gear, getting nothing more than a bark in 2nd, it's finally back.

PXL_20220903_012752240.jpg

Looks weird with threaded tires. This puts me miles closer to becoming a contributor to the what did you do to your g body today.

That makes 3 of us (but I'm over the noises now). Mounted and balanced new tires yesterday, went for a rip to Lowes and back today and finally experienced the full power with traction. It felt weird, I hadn't felt it lift the nose like that since it was at sea level. And just slamming second gear, getting nothing more than a bark in 2nd, it's finally back.

View attachment 206073

Looks weird with threaded tires. This puts me miles closer to becoming a contributor to the what did you do to your g body today.
I want to get a sticky tire on mine and see what it does, any shift right now it just floats the rear.

View attachment 206073

Very. Cool. Vette.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
I want to get a sticky tire on mine and see what it does, any shift right now it just floats the rear.

I think I'd have more issues in FL, thing definitely gets spicier at lower altitudes. But the Toyo Proxes Sport is a 240TW tire for reference.

Very. Cool. Vette.

Thank you. Now that it's not broken, I don't feel guilty driving it or when someone says something nice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor