What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Me and the neighbor up the street have toyed with that idea, he has a SBC on one and a Corvette Diff to help hold the power. Aluminum LS because of pure weight savings. Might even go primal and put a Carb on it. I'll have to wash my hands and shower after.

How does he get from engine to diff?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
C5+ diff? Cuz they take that deep (giggity!) input shaft.
C3 Diff with a drive shaft coupled with an input to the clutch all on a carrier bearing to keep it stable. I was a little impessed..

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have WAAAYYYY higher standards than what we are dealing with here. Not even in the ball park of my type... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

crossdressing tv land GIF by #Impastor

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Talked to the tuner tonight I'm in for my new tunes tomorrow night. The new crossmember bushings came in to so maybe this weekend for that. I still need to look under one of these trucks of approximately the same vintage and drivetrain to see what's missing or not missing from the transmission crossmember. I'm sure gm didn't shim up the mount with washers so I need to see what belongs there and get or make it. After that it's change out the rear driveshaft that the diesel shop destroyed and I'll be done with this for a while. Then back on the Camaro and I've got a plan for that to.

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Talked to the tuner tonight I'm in for my new tunes tomorrow night. The new crossmember bushings came in to so maybe this weekend for that. I still need to look under one of these trucks of approximately the same vintage and drivetrain to see what's missing or not missing from the transmission crossmember. I'm sure gm didn't shim up the mount with washers so I need to see what belongs there and get or make it. After that it's change out the rear driveshaft that the diesel shop destroyed and I'll be done with this for a while. Then back on the Camaro and I've got a plan for that to.
1663205121538.png

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
a shortbed single cab dually?can't remember ever seeing one of those. and with a ZZTop paint job!
Longbed C30. We do have a short bed dually build coming up though....... And those stripes are a big reason I bought it although they look more Tron to me especially on the hood, need to repaint the darker ones though.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor