What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It's a barn bathroom. Hole in the ground.
stephen colbert facebook GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Well maybe he is trying to earn extra income on the property by shooting Asian voyeur p*rn
I want to get the tailgate closer to the ground so it's easier to toss transmissions and stuff in the box rather than make it harder :p
truck fail GIF

Slam it

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
must be one them great chevy trucks I dun herd bout. think it got an LS or a diesel?
Has to be an ls. The guys who own those down there will throw any unsafe weight in the bed and drive around thinking it's appropriate just cause the truck still moves.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Has to be an ls. The guys who own those down there will throw any unsafe weight in the bed and drive around thinking it's appropriate just cause the truck still moves.
Says the guy over loading a vehicle and bragging about it.

So here we are again back to you running your mouth with the same crap because you're you. How bored are you in life? Just curious. Got time to run words on the internet, should probably look into something more productive like backing what you say..

Oh yea we went down that road too...
crickets GIF

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Says the guy over loading a vehicle and bragging about it.

So here we are again back to you running your mouth with the same crap because you're you. How bored are you in life? Just curious. Got time to run words on the internet, should probably look into something more productive like backing what you say

Oh yea we went down that road too...
crickets GIF
If you go back to first grade, learn some math, you'll understand what overloaded means. A high gvwr can hold..... lots of weight. Being over 100 or 200 pounds potentially isn't what you make it out to be.

Then again, coming from you, a guy bragging about taking a 3/4 ton with a 10k rating and trying to handle a 26k load with it.....

I'd say you've got to be either pretty bored, or just infatuated with me by the standards you spout

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If you go back to first grade, learn some math, you'll understand what overloaded means. A high gvwr can hold..... lots of weight. Being over 100 or 200 pounds potentially isn't what you make it out to be.

Then again, coming from you, a guy bragging about taking a 3/4 ton with a 10k rating and trying to handle a 26k load with it.....

I'd say you've got to be either pretty bored, or just infatuated with me by the standards you spout
So I'll make a simple. I didn't report to the admin the personal attacks you gave me a while back when you showed your a$$, I'm not that soft skinned. Nor the ones you continously choose to do.

You've come in with the attitude like you're the King Shít, and not just to me.

Since this is the thread about other projects, feel free to share what makes you think you have the reason for that attitude. I want to see it. For the more than 3rd time me asking you.

Don't rebut with an excuse. Instead of coming here criticizing others and what we have, show us what you have that makes you feel you're special..if it's worth bragging about..;)

This isn't a personal attack, if you feel like reporting to the admin like last time. This is you running your head like you're someone, again, and me putting you on the spot, again.

So if you choose to digress, well that's on you.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2012
Tore the Cub Cadet down today to clean it and get an idea of what I'm working with. Found and fixed a few issues, so far nothing major. A few more things to sort out yet.
20220913_135214.jpg
20220913_135227.jpg

First issue was the gear shifter wouldn't hit all 6 gears. I could hit the top 4, but not the lower 2 or neutral. Turned out to be some slop in the linkage. Tightened it up and it's fine. Second issue was the steering was off center- it would turn really hard to the right but not at all to the left. For some reason the steering rack was off center. Not sure how it got that way but the fix was not complicated. Unbolt the rack gear, and move it over a few splines.

The transmission on this thing is really strange. It is a gear drive, but it operates a lot like a hydrostatic. It uses the same case casting as the hydrostatic models, note the fan and not sure if you can see but there is an unmachined boss in the transaxle casting for a filter.
20220913_193410.jpg

20220913_193419.jpg
20220913_193401.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor