What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Went and got retuned tonight. On the bright side I averaged 19 MPG on the way home on stop and go back roads. The downside is 2 times it acted like it ran out of fuel during light acceleration the check engine light is back on and a new one on me the dashboard says change fuel filter. The ones on the frame are new and the one on the motor was only 3 months old when the truck went down so there all basically new maybe it has something to do with the new tune? I have no idea but I sent the tuner a text I'm sure he'll get back to me tomorrow he's good like that. It did ok tonight going to pick up Lauren from band practice so that's good.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Took out the long-hauler s550 GT. 136k trouble free lightly molded miles and counting.

20220915_233355.jpg

What? Whats that you say? Lifetime flogging and not mpg of 25? Highway 80+mph with the ac on and hitting 40mpg on highway cruising?

Hmm.. amazing what a CAI, h-pipe on stock manifolds and exhaust, and a little Forscan tuning years ago does.

I'd like to see an ls capable of the same on same terms, all stock except ONLY and hpipe Cai and tune while being over 450hp.

Show me :D

(Some people  *ssume hatred of ls engines meand you dont own FI, or, have never run a program. But, what can you expect out of em? Baked brains...)

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Took out the long-hauler s550 GT. 136k trouble free lightly molded miles and counting.

View attachment 206960

What? Whats that you say? Lifetime flogging and not mpg of 25? Highway 80+mph with the ac on and hitting 40mpg on highway cruising?

Hmm.. amazing what a CAI, h-pipe on stock manifolds and exhaust, and a little Forscan tuning years ago does.

I'd like to see an ls capable of the same on same terms, all stock except ONLY and hpipe Cai and tune while being over 450hp.

Show me :D

(Some people  *ssume hatred of ls engines meand you dont own FI, or, have never run a program. But, what can you expect out of em? Baked brains...)

F it, I'll line up with ya. Let's see how it goes. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
F it, I'll line up with ya. Let's see how it goes. ;)
C5Z06 vs an automatic Mustang?

There's only one real car here that's not a fair match. Stop picking on people. 🤣

That does explain MANY things. I'm good now. Really good. Even my daily driver is a manual, that's more of a real car. All this crap and that's all that comes to the table?🤣🤣

It's amazing how things come full circle. I'm done.💀

Spider Man Lol GIF

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Since this is a car forum and I'm not a fan of misinformation, let me educate you all on what forscan is since I've worked with it before.

Hand held ADJUSTMENT TOOL (speedo, fans, tire size, etc). There's no mods on that car worthy of an actual tune.

Lipstick on a pig concept here. This made my morning. Awesome. 🤣

Screenshot_20220916-081734_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220916-081841_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220916-082006_Chrome.jpg

Pic taken 1Dec 2017 when I had just got my C5Z06, laptop with HP Tuners hooked up and tweaking. That's tuning software. 🤘

20220916_082458.jpg

I'm here to help the community. 😘

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I went to work today in limp mode. Got in 20 minutes late truck has like 20 codes. Then when I was scanning it I noticed something.... I didn't notice anything. Like no lift pump running. So around the time I was supposed to have lunch I did a little checking and there's power to the pump. New pump will be in Tuesday.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well I went to work today in limp mode. Got in 20 minutes late truck has like 20 codes. Then when I was scanning it I noticed something.... I didn't notice anything. Like no lift pump running. So around the time I was supposed to have lunch I did a little checking and there's power to the pump. New pump will be in Tuesday.
You think the pump just went bad?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You think the pump just went bad?
That's my guess. The fuse is good and I have power to the pump. Every diesel guy that's seen my pump said it's the older stile fass pump and it was always quite loud so I'm going with that. Hopefully when it comes in it's a quick fix and I'm back on the road. I wanted to do further testing but there was no time. I had no l loaner car because the bosses had all gone home so I needed to catch a ride with Mrs Dawn from the front office. She leaves promptly at at 5:00. The pump is ordered so I hope I'm right.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor