What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Swapped the plow and chains for the mower deck on the tractor. Never got to use the plow... or the hydraulic angle I put on this year. Then took down the plum tree in the front yard. It was a nice tree but it was way overgrown and it split all the way through the trunk and was looking like hell. Think I'll probably put a flowering cherry tree there.
View attachment 218987
whatcha hiding in the garage Joe? a Buick?

1681090282817.png

We did a thrash on one of the recent acquisitions yesterday (07 Envoy Denali) & finished up this AM but there was no celebration 🙁 .....

Backstory: We took this one out on Wednesday for a FB marketplace parts purchase (unbroken dash for my '99OBS tow pig) 😎.
As we were about to get on the highway for the return ride home, there was a 'snap' sound & a sudden loss of momentum followed. I immediately though we lost the trans, but the roadside investigation indicated there was no valvetrain movement when spinning it over. We tore into it the next day & sure enough we lost the timing chain/tensioner. I got all the parts & we swapped everything out only to determine there was damage to the valvetrain (drivers side cylinders had 2 @ 200psi & then one @ zero). Bummer, but better it happened to me than to someone I know purchasing it from me.

We're @ a crossroad in the decision tree. The Envoy is an '07 GEN-4 5.3. The vehicle is pretty clean & ran great which is why we picked it up as a possible flipper or donor. Since we purchased the Envoy (Sept '22), we also acquired an '02 Yukon XL (aka GMC Suburban) w/a good running GEN-3 5.3/4l60e that we were going to part out because of rear shell damage & ABS related issues (it wouldn't pass state inspection).

So.... I need to decide if it's worth the effort to retrofit the GEN-3 5.3 into the GEN-4 Envoy (to stretch the already invested $$) or fix the top end on the Envoy motor that's in there. The budget says stab the earlier GEN-3 motor so we're not dumping a bunch of additional money into the Envoy (unless we can sell the GEN-3 combo on FBMP for a good/great price for us). The benefit is if the GEN-3 motor is retrofit, I wind-up w/an alum GEN-4 5.3/4l60e @ zero dollars. Feel free to share your thoughts.....

We did a thrash on one of the recent acquisitions yesterday (07 Envoy Denali) & finished up this AM but there was no celebration 🙁 .....

Backstory: We took this one out on Wednesday for a FB marketplace parts purchase (unbroken dash for my '99OBS tow pig) 😎.
As we were about to get on the highway for the return ride home, there was a 'snap' sound & a sudden loss of momentum followed. I immediately though we lost the trans, but the roadside investigation indicated there was no valvetrain movement when spinning it over. We tore into it the next day & sure enough we lost the timing chain/tensioner. I got all the parts & we swapped everything out only to determine there was damage to the valvetrain (drivers side cylinders had 2 @ 200psi & then one @ zero). Bummer, but better it happened to me than to someone I know purchasing it from me.

We're @ a crossroad in the decision tree. The Envoy is an '07 GEN-4 5.3. The vehicle is pretty clean & ran great which is why we picked it up as a possible flipper or donor. Since we purchased the Envoy (Sept '22), we also acquired an '02 Yukon XL (aka GMC Suburban) w/a good running GEN-3 5.3/4l60e that we were going to part out because of rear shell damage & ABS related issues (it wouldn't pass state inspection).

So.... I need to decide if it's worth the effort to retrofit the GEN-3 5.3 into the GEN-4 Envoy (to stretch the already invested $$) or fix the top end on the Envoy motor that's in there. The budget says stab the earlier GEN-3 motor so we're not dumping a bunch of additional money into the Envoy (unless we can sell the GEN-3 combo on FBMP for a good/great price for us). The benefit is if the GEN-3 motor is retrofit, I wind-up w/an alum GEN-4 5.3/4l60e @ zero dollars. Feel free to share your thoughts.....

799s are a dime a dozen, slap a junkyard head on there and send it.

Anyone here build model kits? I've done them on and off since I was a kid but recently I've been taking some classes at community college and since I'm stuck at a desk, I picked up a couple to work on in between studying. Finished this F-14 last week. First one I ever did any airbrushing on. Airbrushing acrylics is definitely a lot more forgiving than working with enamels.
20230406_220448.jpg

20230406_220634.jpg
20230406_220524.jpg

Anyone here build model kits? I've done them on and off since I was a kid but recently I've been taking some classes at community college and since I'm stuck at a desk, I picked up a couple to work on in between studying. Finished this F-14 last week. First one I ever did any airbrushing on. Airbrushing acrylics is definitely a lot more forgiving than working with enamels.
View attachment 218993
View attachment 218992View attachment 218994
Next one you do, add some battle damage. Dollar Tree ( $1.25 Tree???) Has cheapo mini screwdrivers like eyeglass repair kits, a few in a pack. If you insulate the handle for holding purposes, then heat the tip, you can mimic Bullet holes by melting through the plastic. If you get an old school oil lamp and crank the wick up inside the hurricane glass, it'll make soot out of the lamp oil. Can mimic exhaust residues, or, flame damage that was extinguished by passing the model through the soot cloud at top, just beware the heat of leaving it too long. Then a sealing clear traps the soot on so it doesn't rub off. More useful on cars/tanks, but, also can work near engines on planes.

Yeah not too bad for Easter today, some chocolates- great weather and found the new alternator I needed, with the stereo installed.

Some guy was selling a non used CS130 that he bought new sometime in the 90's- for $40 f***** dollars 😎🤘🤘🤘

Metal looked aged but not rusted, it's very clean. All I did was use the old alternator V Belt pulley, and cut the brown/GEN wire to run to the terminal for lamp on the 4 pin connector lmao 😎😂😂😂

This should work, for now as the CS144 I just am so poor to have in school 😤😭😭😭

116B7744-3676-4B25-A08F-506932CF15FD.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor