What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
EVAP Purge Solenoid on the daily needed replaced, Located ontop of the Throttle Body. The fun...

20230724_165912.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Boat had some wins and some fails but overall it lives to float another day.

Tried putting it in Friday night and the battery was dead, despite being fully charged Thursday night and sitting in the driveway all week
Saturday afternoon it was choppy out so not much water time, ran fine from the launch to the dock
Saturday PM it was low on power but I was just putting around so no biggy
Saturday evening it ran out of gas. Burned through 5 gallons in like 90 minutes, dang!! Got towed 1/2 mile back to the dock
Sunday AM I refilled the tank and ran good again
Sunday PM I went to put it back on the trailer and it lost 3 gallons of gas. Some was bubbling out of the plastic red external tank onto the floor and into the bilge but dang, where did 3 gallons go!
Pumped the bilge into a 5 gallon pail and disposed of (not in the lake!!)

I ended up finding out that
1. I forgot to open the vent on the tank, it was down on power Saturday because it was running out of fuel because it couldn't vent air in
2. It bubbled fuel out when sitting because the sun was shining on the tank and expanding the air, so it pushed fuel into the pump and carb
3. Im pretty sure the carb vent goes back to the fuel pump and then returns to the hull tank-

So it's not burning that much fuel, it's just returning most of the fuel to the in-hull fuel tank, which needs to be cleaned.

Typical car project stuff I'm used to, so I can work through it. Will re-address in a few weeks or month... Still a cheap boat!
1690292050579.jpeg

1690292059296.jpeg

1690292077373.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
My dually has been down for a hot minute. Pass fuel pump died years ago w/a full tank of gas in it. The driver side pump died a year ago....

We pushed it under covered parking until we could get to it. Multiple Model-A's, my other truck, the flip cars & life pressed 'PAUSE' longer than anticipated & then the battery was dead as well adding to the 'to-do' list. So, over the weekend we swapped in a fresh pump into the driver side tank & were able to jump it off & get it running. Last night, I popped a fresh battery in place & washed off a years' worth of dust. I'll most likely do the passenger side tank up @ my buddy's work (dealership) since that tank is full (20gal) & they have a container for the contents. I purchased 'new' tanks for this effort. Looking into the driver side tank, it looked pretty clean (especially the baffle/tray area). That was a nice surprise, so I just swapped the pump only instead of the whole tank. Will see how the pass side looks & make a decision then on that one as well. I'll be fine returning them & getting $250 back into my pocket.

A wow moment? I actually got 10yrs out of the previous battery :oops:

Attachments

• 20230724_213729.jpg
    20230724_213729.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230724_213823.jpg
    20230724_213823.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230725_105714.jpg
    20230725_105714.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My dually has been down for a hot minute. Pass fuel pump died years ago w/a full tank of gas in it. The driver side pump died a year ago....

We pushed it under covered parking until we could get to it. Multiple Model-A's, my other truck, the flip cars & life pressed 'PAUSE' longer than anticipated & then the battery was dead as well adding to the 'to-do' list. So, over the weekend we swapped in a fresh pump into the driver side tank & were able to jump it off & get it running. Last night, I popped a fresh battery in place & washed off a years' worth of dust. I'll most likely do the passenger side tank up @ my buddy's work (dealership) since that tank is full (20gal) & they have a container for the contents. I purchased 'new' tanks for this effort. Looking into the driver side tank, it looked pretty clean (especially the baffle/tray area). That was a nice surprise, so I just swapped the pump only instead of the whole tank. Will see how the pass side looks & make a decision then on that one as well. I'll be fine returning them & getting $250 back into my pocket.

A wow moment? I actually got 10yrs out of the previous battery :oops:
Cool truck. I want a Square Body Crew or a 3/4 ton Square Body Suburban when we get moved and get the shop built.

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Cool truck. I want a Square Body Crew or a 3/4 ton Square Body Suburban when we get moved and get the shop built.
I highly recommend them for the investment & 'Thank You'.....

I'd rock a lowered 3/4 ton burb in a heartbeat if I found one clean enough to do. I'm always looking for one just for that reason.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I highly recommend them for the investment & 'Thank You'.....

I'd rock a lowered 3/4 ton burb in a heartbeat if I found one clean enough to do. I'm always looking for one just for that reason.
I want to build a tow rig. I'm thinking 12V Cummins swap with overdrive. The 3/4 ton 'burb appeals to me because of the covered cargo space and rear a/c.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So whoever posted this is selling a Sonoma pickup and to make it look "unique" he gimmicked the front end by swapping it out for one from a Packard body and somehow got the whole thing mounted to it??? Why am I hearing the theme song from the original Mickey Mouse Show from the early 60's playing in the background? Might have been easier to just find a real packard pickup and move the drivetrain; (or not).

Today was something of a punchline from that Robin Williams Movie, "Good Morning, Vietnam.................... "It's HOT, Damn HOT." First Hot and Rain, then Hot and Humid, and finally sometime overnight, more rain and still hot.

So I took advantage of all that heat,
First I climbed into my not so clean bunny suit, dug out the sanding block and some used DA discs and did some final sanding on the inside surfaces of the new to me front bumper. Then I swapped the air line from the low presssure circuit back to the high side, chucked up the air gun and launched all that dust out into the environment for someone else to enjoy. Took a brand new can of POR15 semi-gloss black and popped the lid and slathered a generous coat of that onto most of the inside surfaces of the bumper except for a couple of spots where I need to add some metal and then got to watch it dry.

After that I moved up to the front of the truck, booted up the spotlights, oiled up the air drill and chucked in a cone body wire wheel, and then proceeded to revisit all the seams, corners, and edges, in the rad cradle. Got as deep into it all as I could, and then decanted some Rust Mort into the bowl and slathered a fresh layer of that onto the newly cleaned surfaces.

So they are both drying overnight and will be ready for whatever tomorrow. Thinking a second coat of the POR15 for the bumper and the first coat for the frame horns and the rad cradle. Once the cradle gets it second coat, they will both get a coat of Rust Check Anti-Rust and then a top coat of Krylon flat black A/R.

Yesterday was wiring clean up day ; nothing too weird, just stripping off all the old electrical tape that had dried out and was just sort of hanging there with new fresh sticky tape that would do a better job of keeping the wires protected.

No Pictures. Watching paint dry is about as intriguing as comparing dead tape to live tape.......................:sleep:

Nick

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Out for a little spin around the block in the good weather, driver's side window doesn't work again it's the motor basically dry I'm going to get into that tomorrow..

View attachment 225317

Give the door panel a pop near the speaker, should get it moving again. I have to do that to mine every once in a while.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Give the door panel a pop near the speaker, should get it moving again. I have to do that to mine every once in a while.
I'm going to pull the whole thing off and lubricate it with white lithium..

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor