What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
butt up against the inner curve of the fender well,
The mounting plates were supposed to sit flat on the inner fenders of a hardtop car. Now, reversed, they are half way on the edge. So I will bend them so the other half can drop down against the sides. I figure that vertical part is even stronger than just sitting on a weak fender well. But the flat foot of the actual support tube is right at the edge, an inch or so inboard of the drop down. That should be much stronger than the wide wheel well. The side with the S hook will be bent over flat against the sides. I know from working on the top mechanism that I will need to be getting at those bolts and adjustment points again. If I weld that in I am major screwing myself.
215475-8a81d428f39245d8dc2938c0d748e761.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Worked on my 03 2500HD this weekend, injectors, plugs, knock sensors and sensor harness, along with extracting FIVE broken exhaust manifold bolts.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So the Camaro has a T56 Magnum in it and reverse crapped out today. I now see why.

View attachment 228498

Hmm, seems like there should be stuff here?

View attachment 228496

There's some stuff. But where's the rest of it?

View attachment 228497

Someone owes that magnet a beer. But wait, there's more!

View attachment 228499

Turns out this thing had a double cone reverse syncro. Not anymore. I'll need to be aggressive with shipping to get this shjt here in time for the weekend. The spare transmission for this has different gearing and this Magnum had a 32 spline output so my overwhelming preference is to get this lump whole again and reinstalled.
That looks like the input shaft bearing after my dad "borrowed" my '72 Monte back in the '90's. Goofy old b*st*rd was trying to show off to some girls too young for him by dumping the clutch for a one wheel peel. Didn't even bother to tell me when I got back into town, just let me find out the hard way. It's fun magnet fishing in your transmission.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got sucked into helping at a craft show instead of being at Cars N Coffee since my ex talked my sister into doing her first craft show. Ended up missing out on a good turnout at CnC, apparently Stradmans old Ferarri was purchased by someone local and then they went to Twin Peaks after just to rub it in haha
20230923_093426.jpg

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So the gear is what let go.

PXL_20230924_223718914.MP.jpg

PXL_20230924_230429109.MP.jpg

Those are 2 separate pieces laser welded together. I overnighted a reverse gear, syncro assembly, and speedo reluctor as I cracked that removing it. Oh what fun that was finding. When you look up 6060/Magnum reluctor all you find is 12 tooth or 40 tooth and they have a relief cut out for a ball to sit in and locate the thing. This just presses onto a smooth part of the main shaft and has 17 teeth. After calling like 19 shops/dealers and Tremec themselves I came to realize this same reluctor was used by GM in the CTSV and GTO (and likely the SSR). This trans is a Magnum F, so a little different than a regular magnum. I had no idea that was a thing until today. Thegearbox.org had it all on the shelf so that's who got the money. Hopefully I can get this buttoned up in the next day or 2 so my beloved Corvette can park inside again.

PXL_20230925_015013646.MP.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Anyone else into Sprint cars? Went to the World of Outlaws race at Sharon Speedway on Saturday. Brad Sweet took the win but David Gravel and Gio Scelzi made him work for it. Sat next to David Gravel in the stands.
20230923_182726.jpg

20230923_183533.jpg

Thought it was pretty cool to see some cars running Toyota engines. James McFadden changing plugs on his Toyota motor before the feature-
20230923_192837.jpg

Nascar Legend Kenny Schrader was there running in the modifieds races-
IMG_20230923_212758067.jpg

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Anyone else into Sprint cars? Went to the World of Outlaws race at Sharon Speedway on Saturday. Brad Sweet took the win but David Gravel and Gio Scelzi made him work for it. Sat next to David Gravel in the stands. View attachment 228655
View attachment 228654
Thought it was pretty cool to see some cars running Toyota engines. James McFadden changing plugs on his Toyota motor before the feature-
View attachment 228656
View attachment 228658

I saw those cars in Vegas once, didn't realize what I was watching. Got to wondering where all the wipeouts were? Oh, these guys are pros. That explains why Tony Stewart was there with a trailer full of the things. Bad@$s.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Anyone else into Sprint cars? Went to the World of Outlaws race at Sharon Speedway on Saturday. Brad Sweet took the win but David Gravel and Gio Scelzi made him work for it. Sat next to David Gravel in the stands. View attachment 228655
View attachment 228654
View attachment 228656
View attachment 228658
Isn't the Outlaws hitting Learnerville this week?

Nov 4, 2012
I saw those cars in Vegas once, didn't realize what I was watching. Got to wondering where all the wipeouts were? Oh, these guys are pros. That explains why Tony Stewart was there with a trailer full of the things. Bad@$s.
It's a very fun motorsport to spectate. 900HP in a car that weighs 1400 lbs with the driver. If you want to see true, professional drivers locally and up close, go to the local dirt track and get pit passes. Most of the drivers love talking to fans. Lots of current and former Nascar drivers are into it, Kyle Larson, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne and Christopher Bell among others all race at least part time in the big leagues of 410 Sprint cars.
Isn't the Outlaws hitting Learnerville this week?
Not the Outlaws, but tomorrow night is the High Limit Series Race, probably better than the Outlaws. $50k prize, so all of the big names will be there. Kyle Larson, Brad Sweet for sure. Probably Kasey Kahne, Dave and/or Dale Blaney, David Gravel, Carson Macedo, Anthony Macri, quite a few others. Definitely a good event to take the kid to if you can make it. Remember hearing protection and safety glasses.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor