What did you do to your shop today?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Nasty bastids! Hit these 6(?) with Terminix Ultimate Protection spray, and that seems to put them to sleep. I'll see if they wake up.
20200827_164208.jpg
20200827_164015.jpg

Found a nest
20200827_165443.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
The spider battle continues; still getting lit up by those little fvcks. So far, it's been 3 rounds of Ortho Home Defense, 3 simultaneous Raid Max bombs 3 rounds of peppermint oil spray, and some select nuclear mushrooms of Rainbow Telco Wasp spray. I saw what I think was 4 of them yesterday. When I say little, I mean the size of a Bic pen roller ball with legs, and brown. I don't know if they're the culprits, but those are what I saw.
On the plus side, I finally got the Tork timer installed and programmed on the soffit lights; on at sunset, off at 10:15pm.
Have you checked into using one of the indoor fogger type insect/pest killers? I know they work to kill flea eggs, maybe they will kill spiders and their eggs.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Yeah, 3 9f them
Bomb the attic if you can. They come out to hunt, but live In the dark inaccessible areas like walls, attics, and crawlspaces. Alternatively, a road flare, propane tank, and rifle might clear them out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Bomb the attic if you can. They come out to hunt, but live In the dark inaccessible areas like walls, attics, and crawlspaces. Alternatively, a road flare, propane tank, and rifle might clear them out.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Bought a Harbor Fright 8"/5 speed drill press so I could have one handy since a shop needs one. For $55 w/coupon this hamster just needs to survive a few jobs.

Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Bought a Harbor Fright 8"/5 speed drill press so I could have one handy since a shop needs one. For $55 w/coupon this hamster just needs to survive a few jobs.
If it is anything like the one I have, it will survive like a New York cockroach.

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Went down to see Steve at the local nursery/general store to see what he recommends. Bought 3 cans of this stuff and nuked 2 cans in the garage, then sucked up more spiderwebs with the shop vac.
20200828_164132.jpg

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Swept the floor and moved all the dust and micro-shrapnel from one space to another. Turned a perfectly good Honeywell dust suit into a walking advertisement for blue swiss cheese; turns out they don't tolerate the sparks from a welder very well. Good thing they are cheap; not as cheap as a basic pair of white painters coveralls but little more comfortable and roomier for when one is rolling around on the ground and laughing their *ss off because the alternative is to curse and swear and throw things. And yeah I do have proper mechanics coveralls--that are so contaminated with dirt and oil and ??? that they got put in a trash bag and stashed in the basement under the basement compressor. Think it would take one of those very old style wringer washers from the 40's/50's and a 5 gal pail of industrial soap to get them to the point I could take them to a laundromat and not get tossed out for fouling their washing machines.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor