What did you do to your shop today?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
No photos yet,but finally got around to installing my LP Big Maxx heater in my attached 3 car.

Just in ime for the cold PA winter.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The elec-chickens were in yesterday. The whole job was completed... except the four missing breakers. Supply. Chain. Issues. If it looks like an afterthought, that because it clearly is.

The air compressor is going in here:

PXL_20211217_174617703.jpg

These outlets are at 54" above the floor.

PXL_20211217_174611453.MP.jpg

Most of the way there. I also got the working drawings for the house and shop, so at least now we know what's what... or what it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Put up the spark/debris catchers, and added some more task lighting. I just need to poke holes for the new outlets.

PXL_20211218_201642026.jpg

I am getting pretty excited about being back up and running again.

Reactions: 11 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
We worked off and on setting up a man corner of sorts to hang out in without needing to go upstairs when a break is needed.

Which brings me to a strange story. The DPT recommended at a treatment session that I pick up some video game to help with hand coordination and see if it aided the occasional dropping things and fumbling fingers such as removing a bottle cap and such.

Whelp, I'd forgotten I had one of those new Xbox on back order and a couple months ago picked one up from Microsoft with a baseball game. Never remembered about the original one or cancelled it since time went by before I secured the one I did. So today, a second one of those new series x showed up with a grand theft auto game on my doorstep.

I guess I could use it as a spare dvd/blue ray player. Doubt it's worth trying to sell online with all the idiots out there, I'd keep it before selling cheaper than it cost us.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The fabrication station is complete-ish. Very well lit now. Rather than making holes in fiberglass sheet, I elected to just run the extension cords out and away from the wall.

PXL_20211219_010153354.jpg

I did a modification to the modular work bench that was originally part of the plan, but got dismissed due to other priorities: four jacking screws in the top.
This lifts the feet up and allows the tables to roll freely. I designed an 1/8" difference between the caster side and the feets. Foots. Hoofs. Whatever.

It's less heavy and awkward to move now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Filled it full of crap again! The hangar that is. I'm back from CA so the dually and trailer are again under a roof. I need to snap a few pics for the non-G thread on my trailer updates too. Looks like the Z06 is gonna hibernate in the trailer instead of the garage this winter.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It's the little things that make the difference. Nothing impacts productivity, creativity, and flow like disorganization. I fight that chaos all the time. Spending a few hours up front to save countless minutes down the line is time well spent.

PXL_20211220_003439513.jpg

Also, I am super happy to have my nuts back!

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Got back to working on my carport-storage unit. Saturday, I finished hanging the lights. Sunday, the weather was dry, so I drug some stuff out to the driveway, and began installing insulation and plywood sheathing to the interior. No pics yet, but will get some soon.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor