what made YOU love long roofs?? let us know. post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
The Grand National drive train made me love mine.

9.jpg

3828989594_c4dd079b82_b.jpg

Not the best quality but you get the idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVuWO6I9QE

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Is the car back together, and are those current pics? If so, it's looking good.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Man, that's too bad. I thought you had good news. :? It's awhile that it's been held hostage.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Longroof79 said:
Man, that's too bad. I thought you had good news. :? It's awhile that it's been held hostage.

Yea 2 years in August, its my friends shop and the price is right but Im close to pulling it out of there. I'll see Friday where its at and decide.

RatedG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2012
Roanoke VA
:roll: My parents had a 75 Malibu 4dr when I was little then upgraded to a 76 Malibu wagon. My Fathers work car was a 79 Malibu 2d with the 6cyl he bought from his aunt. She bought it new. The 76 wagon stayed in the family until my teens. My first car was a 77 Malibu 4dr I bought for 350 bucks at the ripe old age of 14. Just recently traded my 62 Panel for my 78 Malibu wagon for my girls to have seatbelts and A/C. My Father just bought a 79 Malibu wagon that was owned by a little old lady with a 6cyl and A/C. I have a parts wagon I got in the trade believe it's a 79. No title so future drag car?? LoL

jmsteen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2012
I have always loved the 94-96 impala ss but could never afford one. My first day at college i saw on e approaching me and i was drooling at the low stance and the midnight blue impala ss frontend, and as i got closer i noticed the dark tint, cragar rims and then i noticed that the car never seemed to end......... It was a caprice wagon!!!!! A few years later the owner hit a deer and was selling the car very cheap. Now its my daily driver and love everything about it. Its soo handy to have from pulling a trailor to hauling lumber, to having a sober driver haul 7 of us home from the bar!!! I have just purchased my second wagon, a 79 malibu 267/4 speed and plan on loving it just as much as my other wagon

rustedandweathered

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2012
hey new to the site and checkin things out. i dont have a wagon,or any other G rite now :( ,but have plans to get another G in the future. i was nver a fan of wagons till the 83 malibu my friends dad had when i lived with them in kentucky. we swapped the deisel for a 350 and repainted it. we would go on short trips with the back seat folded down n streched out in the back. the body style and the roominess sold me for sure. i had an 81 malibu wagon as a daily driver for about 3 years. back in 97 when i lived in detriot i found it at a used lot for $800. i was actually looking for one and knew i had to have it the sec i saw it. i got it cheap cuz it had a 3.8 and the front clip was in primer. but it was realy solid for a MI car (unfortunetly i found that the doors were rusted thru the 1st time i washed it :( ) it ran decent and the stance was "just rite" by the standards of a southeast MI ride (a 2 inch lift thanks to heavy springs and air shocks,rollin on 14s with white walls :lol: , lifted g bodys and other rwd,rear coil gms has been goin on in the detriot area since the mid 80's) i had big plans for that car and found a parts car with solid doors for $100 but the stars never quite aligned on that project(long story behind that :| ) and i sold it to my now x wifes friend. i miss that car and have thought about gettin another but they are real hard to find these days. anyhow...luvin the site and all the sweet rides.

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
ive been debating picking up a wagon soon, the only problem is itd be my daily driver and my current car gets, more than likely, much better mileage than a 350 swapped wagon haha. nonetheless they are pretty sweet wagons and are fantastic platforms for builds.

slowgn

n00b
Aug 31, 2012
Minnesota
I really never thought much of them. Then a friend of mine bought one. Stripped out, shaved rear door handles and snarley 350. Sucker was pretty quick. Started working for a speed shop here in the minneapolis area and the car evolved to a big block powered, caged and mini tubbed drag car that he drives on the street also. Through him i met another guy that had a wagon also that was built by the same shop (both guys worked there). Long story short, i hated these wagons but they grew on me. So it turned out my friend had another wagon laying around with a blowed up v6, bougt for 400 bucks. Its not driving yet but i have fun with it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor