Which flywheel do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
my fingers/hand was the vice in my scenario, but I am extremely strong so... :lol:
here's pictures of my starter issue. I'm not too worried about it anymore, but for everyone saying to shim it, it wouldnt help.

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
are you sure you got the right starter and /or flywheel ?....

oh and after you get the right adapters let me know how you installed them... 8)

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
an easier way would be to get a vacuum pimp and attach it to the bleeder line
you know, i've heard of "vacuum" wh*res who could do this, but not a pimp! :mrgreen:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
megaladon6 said:
an easier way would be to get a vacuum pimp and attach it to the bleeder line

you know, i've heard of "vacuum" wh*res who could do this, but not a pimp! :mrgreen:

glad you found that...gave me my first good laugh of the year..... :rofl:

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
pontiacgp said:
are you sure you got the right starter and /or flywheel ?....

oh and after you get the right adapters let me know how you installed them... 8)

The flywheel is probably wrong. The starter was generic but the flywheel is super old.

haha. well...right now I am JB welding a 90 degree angle onto my feed tube...can't say that I am proud, but it was leaking. :|

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you mean the feed tube from the reservoir or the master?....if it's from the master could the leak be the problem of the slave not working? And I would not try to repair the line if it's from master....brake fluid is very flammable so if you had the engine running and some brake fluid squirted onto a hot block or manifold you might not like the results....

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
The feed tube on the master. I'll get a picture in a bit. And yes, the leak could be a big part of the problem, I dont know how much clutch fluid was even able to get into the system. I wont drive the car if it is leaking. The bleed screw threads inside the master cylinder stripped out and it doesnt create a seal, so I know that is also leaking. I dont mind replacing it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bleed screw on the master?..I think you meant the slave cause you mentioned that problem before..if I were you I'd wait until I got the proper adapters, the slave cylinder and then set it up.....

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
Right, I meant the slave. I'm hoping to get the slave tomorrow. I havent decided if I want to wait for the new adapters or if I'll just use the stock line temporarily.

Did you leave your automatic steering column in? I'm having a hard time finding one that has tilt and wiper/blinker levers like mine yet without the column shift.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I left my column in place for now. Those adapters are too expensive, around $20, so if you don't want to wait and you can get some from a local shop then you could always sell the ones you have coming to someone on here doing a conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor