WTF with ga$ price$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoubleV said:
Solution; kill all the oil speculators and crooked oil/banking guys. Bury them in the ground. In a million or so years we can use them for fuel. It would be the first time they provided anything usefull to the world.
I like that idea, greedy S.O.B's. they're among alot of people who dont deserve the air they breathe. the name of the game is getting rich at any cost, even if it hurts their country and countrymen. their wallets get fatter while we take a pounding. everythings gone up in price because of this sh*t storm. there is no need for gas prices to be this high and everyone knows it. for a country founded by the common people fed up with the way things were we sure did a 180 in the past 235 years. now we get our A-holes reemed out pretty damn bad from all angles be it gas, taxes, health care, you name it someones getting screwed some way some how.

I'm assuming everyone knows there is only a finite amount of useable crude in the ground right? We may not have tapped into single every avaible source but we sure have gotten to all the easy ones, and some of the really hard ones too. I agree that todays price jumps are artifical, but you cant expect this to remain the case.

I see a future where buying gasoline for toys and antiques at home depot will be the norm. Almost like the way we buy propane for our gas grills. Our grandchildren may not know what gas smells like, or what a gas station was. Are we 25 years away or 50? I have no idea. But you really are kidding yourselves if you dont think its going to happen someday. Even the Arab states know they only have a finite amount of time to be viable before they have to find some other way of making money. If they hoarded it too much, we would find other energies faster. Their trick is to simply string us along as long as possible until right before its all gone at which time the prices will have long since made it unavailable to the average consumer. Would you pay $30 a gallon to drive your cutlass around town on a fine summer afternoon in 20 years? Maybe. Probably.

hopefully when i fill up my cutlass at home depot 50 years from now (if im still even alive) i wont be spending an arm and a leg

snotrocket 71 said:
hopefully when i fill up my cutlass at home depot 50 years from now (if im still even alive) i wont be spending an arm and a leg
You won't be filling your car at Home Depot 50 years from now, Because they still won't have any check out lanes open. :rofl:

tc1959 said:
snotrocket 71 said:
You won't be filling your car at Home Depot 50 years from now, Because they still won't have any check out lanes open. :rofl:
Yeah, that place is a real sh*t show. i'll just make my future grand kids go there and get it, i'm sure they wouldnt mind waiting if it meant a ride in the olds

Snotrocket71 I used to go fishing out East all the time. With a 400 under the hood no less. No more. Now I stay close to home and spend my money here. My buddy has a 28 footer that costs around $300 a trip just for gas not even going very far. He is ready to hang himself. I'd like to know WHO extended the deadline on the Dodd-Frank law? That info should be made public and let the people know who screwed them.

Bonnewagon said:
Snotrocket71 I used to go fishing out East all the time. With a 400 under the hood no less. No more. Now I stay close to home and spend my money here. My buddy has a 28 footer that costs around $300 a trip just for gas not even going very far. He is ready to hang himself. I'd like to know WHO extended the deadline on the Dodd-Frank law? That info should be made public and let the people know who screwed them.
funny you mention fishing, recently a law that made fishing without a permit was repealled. not that it made a difference me and my friends still fished, not like we caught much anyways, the commercial fisherman have done a good job of sweeping the local waters. that and theres not nearly as many marshes and wetlands as their used to be like back in the day. we had an '84 24 foot wellcraft in a marina right off of shinnecock canal, the gas price at the dock was unreal back then, i couldnt imagine how it is now :shock: i miss that boat...
as far as dodd-frank, i'm not overly knowledgeable in its details but my assumption would be No one knows how to get things done anymore. if a deadline is set you damn well better make it or of its your *ss, no matter how short it is and how much work it'll take you do your best to get it done as close as possible. if it were a law making it so that their wallets get fatter then you know they'd have it done well before any deadline.
maybe i'm not smart enough to grasp the entire concept of these things and am missing the point, i dont know, but i do know i'm smart enough to tell right from wrong and theres alot of questionable dealings being done on a daily basis as far what direction we're headed, and i'd say its not looking too prospective for the everyday joe and jane.

snotrocket71 said:
tc1959 said:
snotrocket 71 said:
Yeah, that place is a real sh*t show. i'll just make my future grand kids go there and get it, i'm sure they wouldnt mind waiting if it meant a ride in the olds
Hey hey hey I work there! I work in the back driving lawnmowers around and loading sh*t so im not the one to blame about the registers :mrgreen: !

Qdub24 said:
I remember those days too. I remember gas being $0.79 a gallon in 2001 for 87 octance, $0.89 for 89 octane, and $0.99 for 93 octane. I was 15 in high school driving a '83 Cutlass and a '93 Pathfinder. Those were the days.

uh ya I was in high school then and gas wasn't .79 a gallon anywhere. It was more than double that. More like 1.80-2.00. Minimum wage and inflation has gone up a LOT in the last 10 years, 3.20/gal today is not far off the mark. My high school job made 4.80 or something less than 5$/hr min wage, now min wage is around 7.25/hr.

We're not talkin 90's, that was cheap gas, still not anywhere near .79 a gallon though.

Larryg said:
When I was in high school we were happy if we could just GET gas. There were numerous assaults and even a shooting or two at the gas pumps. If you dont remember, there was a "shortage". We could only get gas on either odd or even days, depending at what digit your plate ended with. You'd wait hours, backed a mile down the street, to reach the gas station. Then, when you got there they might say, you can only get 5 or 10 gallons. It didnt matter where you worked or how much you used.

We used to say we didnt care what it cost, as long as you could get it. I guess I should shut up and be happy.

during the hurricane Rita exodus in houston, where millions were on the highway for a few days, you had to wait miles to get gas. Good thing I hitched a ride early with my buddies to college station. There were dozens of shooting and stabbings around hou during that time for gas.

....I got it mixed up the katrina deal was so bad the rita exodus was huge, but ended up being a flop. There were a lot of storms hitting that year, and I lived in galveston at the time hard to remember them all.

This is what the rita traffic looked like for literally hundreds of miles (katrina traffic wasnt as nuts)
rita_evacuation1.jpg

Some people had to wait overnight at gas stations for gas trucks to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor