WTF with ga$ price$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
pontiacgp said:
it hit $1.22 a litre here today in southwest Ontario so that's $4.575 for a US gallon... :cry:
hmmm... remember the $1.27s a couple years ago? I remember paying $1.35 for 91 octane... :blam:

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
pontiacgp said:
it hit $1.22 a litre here today in southwest Ontario so that's $4.575 for a US gallon... :cry:
musta screwed up my math: going from litres to gallons it's multiplied by 4.54 is it not?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Justink said:
pontiacgp said:
musta screwed up my math: going from litres to gallons it's multiplied by 4.54 is it not?

1 US gallon = 3.785411784 liters...I was off too...I thought it was 3.75

you were just in the wrong part of the world..1 UK (Imperial) gallon = 4.54609188 liters.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
Dont forget that theres alot of money in foreign oil to be made not only by the oil companies but by secondary companies that are in business because of them. the oil starts from a well, is SHIPPED to its destination REFINED at the destination shipped again to gas stations or some storage set up. if we had all our oil drilled domestically a handfull of people would loose alot of money and they'd be crying the blues and fighting tooth and nail to have our oil imported... and if you thought oil was bad, electric power in this country is a damn shame. the vast majority of it is created from coal burning plants that are some of the dirtiest and most inefficient set ups imaginable. to top off coal power, the dust travels in the jetstream from the midwest or where ever the plant is and settles all across the U.S. and even as far as greenland where it creates dark patches that helps glaciers melt faster. My favorite is "clean coal" commercials...MY *ss clean coal... its mind boggling all the contradicting things we do for the all mighty dollar and how quick the many bend to agendas of the very very few, we need the reset button to be pushed ASAP
...This is all just my opinion and what i believe to facts, please feel free to condemn or to correct anything... -Josh

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sun spots have alot more to do with our climate than oil and coal does or ever did or ever will.....the global warming was an invention so a few can make money like Mr. Gore...ever wonder where the last ice age went?

Robert

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2007
Germany
Guys, you have kiddy problems :mrgreen: ...in germany we got gasprices about 8$ a gallon!! :blam: :wtf:
Just a hand full of people drive V8s here...The most, have small 3 or 4 zyl. and alot of diesel engines :puke:

Enjoy your cheap gas.

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
Before long we'll have a forum dedicated to putting V6's back in our G bodies!

Seriously, the future is electric. Our problem is how we make electricity. We really do need to start building brand new nuke plants, and fast too. The rest of the world is way ahead of us on this. We've grown up with a lot fear about there safety yet we insist on running these really old plants. Once we have those in place we'll start to have the infrastructure for electric cars. We already know they can be made to go really fast and plenty far, they just cost too much. They'll go down. I would love a car that makes no sound other than the rubber screaming.

I love how the gov has NO incentive to do something about the gas prices because they make MORE on taxes when the prices go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor