Young Guns Show your Cars ( Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I like the "buy american" concept which is fairly irrelevant when talking about cars 20+ years old. I'm willing to bet 99% of the people on this forum bought their cars used and 99% of that money benefited the US economy. I bought my NISSAN Maxima from "Dusty" on a car lot and my VW Super Beetle from some guy's junkpile. (I wonder if Germany saw any of that 400 dollars) Nice try though.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Play nice, now boys... I don't want to have to use my mod powers here. For the record, I play with imports and domestics and see no problem with either. I am 35 and am likely to be seen trying to drift whatever I drive, just not in a place where it draws attention. I have never been brainless enough to do things where cops were likely to be called on me.

As fart as it goes, people who get all upset due to brand loyalties or nationalism need to grow up. We all share a common interest in cars and that should be enough. It's a free country (sort of...), let people enjoy whatever kind of car they choose. The real enemies are the green movement and the government that wants to regulate our mutual hobby out of existence. Worry about them before you get mad at someone who drives a Nissan or a Honda. They have far more impact on your life than the import drivers do.

Well put, thank you.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Last thing .. I'm saying as this thread is getting hostile, but to anyone who believes only buy American ... this is an internet webpage right? How about that computer you are typing on? America developped the PC now tell me what all-American brand of PC you own. Feeling hypocritical now dontcha? Does us a favor sell your Japanese PC and go enjoy your American export Monte Carlo. Have some bacon ... Canadian or American I really don't care.

SV6 REGAL

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2006
Ont Canada
patmckinneyracing said:
He does have a point there about your monte ss. And when did the koreans ever make a chevy?

Chevy Optra,Pontiac Wave,Chevy Aveo..

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
SV6 REGAL said:
patmckinneyracing said:
He does have a point there about your monte ss. And when did the koreans ever make a chevy?

Chevy Optra,Pontiac Wave,Chevy Aveo..

I know, I know, I know .... youre' in Canada .... but we don't know what Optras and Waves are. I had to google it.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
my buddy project

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evORGTaiEN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evORGTaiEN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
kuruption109 said:
my buddy project

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evORGTaiEN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evORGTaiEN0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

very classy and clean looking trucklet there. Personally I'd stick with the 16" and think about a nice simple billet insert for that grille, but to each their own ... tell your friend that was a very nice job. Very clean and better than OEM fit on that interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor