1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

What Melman109 said!! :mrgreen: What does a rendering like that go for?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

Burnhard said:
Very nice,will the car look just like the rendering or will it be used as a guideline.

It'll be pretty close as shown.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

FE3X CLONE said:
Burnhard said:
Very nice,will the car look just like the rendering or will it be used as a guideline.

It'll be pretty close as shown.
nice!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

85GPLef41 said:
What Melman109 said!! :mrgreen: What does a rendering like that go for?

For two views like show it was $250.

I believe they start at $180 for a single view with one paint/wheel/tire choice. If you want to see the car with more than one type of wheel, different color combinations, body modifications, etc. then the price goes up from there.

Shawn is one of THE most reasonable on price I've seen. I looked into a few others and for similar work you'd be looking at twice that amount just for a single view.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio

Looking good, Andrew! Now, I got an idea of how the hood scoop will be. Get a hood, preferably rust free, dents are ok :wink: I'm zeroing in on the flares and the side skirts :wink:

Once this truck i'm doing is done (real close), I can get back on that 72 and i'll have enough room to sneak yours in there, too :wink:

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

Just found a hood on Craigslist near you Blacksheep. Doesn't look to be in too bad of shape.

It's at an auto salvage. Looks to be a fairly complete '87. They call it an '86 but it has the '87/'88 header panel.

Is the hood going to be open in front? Do you still have the W-30 hood you pictured a while back?
Edit: I went back and reread some of the beginning to answer my question about the W-30 hood, I see you'd want to keep that one!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

It's going to be a cowl hood that starts at the front of the head panel. The hood will be the entire width between the two body lines in the stock hood. Those will essentially be eliminated and the edge of the cowl hood will take their place.
That will make the scoop roughly 33" wide.

I still have the W-30 hood. I'm going to paint it and install it on my brother's '81 for a wedding present. :)

FE3X CLONE said:
It's going to be a cowl hood that starts at the front of the head panel. The hood will be the entire width between the two body lines in the stock hood. Those will essentially be eliminated and the edge of the cowl hood will take their place.
That will make the scoop roughly 33" wide.

I still have the W-30 hood. I'm going to paint it and install it on my brother's '81 for a wedding present. :)
Will it be molded in or look like bolt-on?

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio

xitabl442 said:
FE3X CLONE said:
Will it be molded in or look like bolt-on?

Good chance it will be made of steel and welded in. We're still working out the details :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor