200-4R build it's starting Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Took it out for a spin today and it was great. It really is nice to cruise without screaming at high rpms at low speeds.

The only thing going on is the lock up is coming on a little early sometimes. according to the painless wiring lock up kit I need a delay valve to remedy it.

Otherwise I'm in love with my malibu all over again.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Glad to hear that it's in the car and running. That's a huge accomplishment...nice work, Joe.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Glad to hear that it's in the car and running. That's a huge accomplishment...nice work, Joe.

Jack,

Thank you. I am so happy it turned out well. I had some great input from the members here and help from friends and family. That makes it worth it.

Maybe next time in in FL well tackle your 200-4R :D

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack,

Thank you. I am so happy it turned out well. I had some great input from the members here and help from friends and family. That makes it worth it.

Maybe next time in in FL well tackle your 200-4R :D
I may take you up on your offer...;)
I have to start purchasing all the needed parts. First off, I need to replace the center support. Some yo-yo who had taken it apart before took a chunk out of the area where the large O-ring goes.
Is there a source that you would recommend that dismantles and sell transmission hard parts?
I used to see them on Ebay occasionally...not lately, though.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Joe,
I purchased the center support from Cobra Transmission. They also happen to be in my state, which is convenient.

I had a question about the 3-center support sealing rings. The replacement did not have them on it, so I thought I could reuse the ones from my old support. Well, I was able to get them off, but unable to reuse them...they broke. The small locking end snaps off, which makes them useless.
Do these come in any kit, or do you have to purchase them separately? Also, when you install them, do they easily lock together by squeezing them?

Also, do they make Teflon replacements to eliminate the iron rings?

Last edited:

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
I think guys use Teflon rings that go to a 4l80e. I used the iron ones that were on there. Obviously that isn't going to work for you.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think guys use Teflon rings that go to a 4l80e. I used the iron ones that were on there. Obviously that isn't going to work for you.
Thanks Rich,
I guess I have the option to go with either or. If the replacement center support already had the iron rings on there, I'd leave 'em alone. I thought I saw them listed somewhere, but wasn't sure if it was feasible to use them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor