200-4R build it's starting Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Rich hit it on the nose. The rings come in the rebuild kit if you have one or get one. The teflon seals are sold by cobra transmission if I'm not mistaken.

When I spoke to dave husek he mentioned that the teflon seals weren't really necessary in that location. I put teflon seals on the forward drum and input shaft.

If you want to take the rings out so you don't break where they lock. where they lock, push one end in towards the support and the other towards you they will unlock easily this way.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the tip, Joe.
I wish I had known before hand...oh well.

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
This is the vaccum switch for the lockup. the kit from painless came with the brake switch, solenoid and plug.

I have a 700R4 in mine. I have this switch from factory trans. Does this unlock the converter when it senses a loss of vacuum also.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I have a 700R4 in mine. I have this switch from factory trans. Does this unlock the converter when it senses a loss of vacuum also.

Yes, I installed a vaccum delay but I am still getting the lugging. The lock up still comes in to early when coasting and going up hills. I am probably going to get a delay box.

Very nice build thread by the way.

Thank you. i appreciate it. Hopefully it was helpful to someone trying to tackling it on their own too.

Reactions: 1 user

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Mine locks fine, won't unlock unless you touch the brakes. I need to check the vacuum switch. It lugs pulling a hill, unless you you touch brake pedal.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Mine locks fine, won't unlock unless you touch the brakes. I need to check the vacuum switch. It lugs pulling a hill, unless you you touch brake pedal.

Mine starts locking up at about 35 but lugs if i keep about that speed uphill then at about 45mph it's fine But where i live there are a lot of 30mph limit roads and i can't keep ripping up all the time LOL. It will unlock when I tap the brake but lugs again after tapping the brake. it basically locks ups right at 4th gear shift. From what I have researched it lugs more with higher stall converters.

Are you using a factory gm vacuum switch?

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Yes on switch. Mine goes into overdrive then shortly after that I feel the converter lock. If i ease into the throttle I never feel it unlock, if I touch the brake pedal it unlocks instantly.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Just re-read this thread. My bfr trans took a dump. I need to get all the parts and get it rebuilt. I have to check the links to see if they are still good.

I'll buy the book from CK I think.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
If you have any questions let me know. I'm not a pro but the trans is running very good so I've just have done something right.

Texas t was a great resource for me. He was very helpful along the way. Great guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor