72 Beetle project

So apparently what I have is a standard beetle, and not a super beetle. So it’s gone up in value without me doing anything, score.
My son can’t wait for me to finish the 36 so I can pull the beetle in to start working on it. I promised him I would be able to get it running so we could go for a ride. Tall order since it doesn’t even crank.
I mean, just go steal an engine out of one of joesregalproject 's cub cadets and toss it in. Probably a horsepower upgrade as well, and, not the worst drive in the world. He may not even notice it's gone right away

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I found out that the project my friend has, he plans on finishing this year that looks like the Bradly GT. He’s putting a Fiero subframe / motor under it

Reactions: 1 user
I found out that the project my friend has, he plans on finishing this year that looks like the Bradly GT. He’s putting a Fiero subframe / motor under it
Hopefully it gets a 3800 sc series 2 under it

I’ve been getting quite a few compliments on the car, even though the wife isn’t a fan. Put a few minutes in today. Put voltage to the starter and the starter motor spun, but didn’t engage. I changed the positive cable to the starter and no change. I’ll have to dig deeper in the wiring.
I also put the spare on since one tire is shot, now I’ll at least be able to push it around.
I can’t really put any time in until I deliver the 36, I’ve just been itchy to mess with the car.

Reactions: 1 users
I remembered I have a starter button, so I popped it on the started. Engine cranks, but no start. I have no spark. More investigation is needed. Back to cleaning the garage.

Reactions: 1 users
Pushed the car inside tonight. My 7 year old steered it and is crazy excited to work on it.
Hopefully I’ll at least get it running over the next few eeeks

Attachments

• 077B9B61-C10F-4FED-8F50-48034BC738A3.jpeg
    077B9B61-C10F-4FED-8F50-48034BC738A3.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been working on prepping my boat, finally, so I’ve just been messing with the beetle 10-15 minutes here and there. Just scraping some of the really loose paint and digging at the bondo just to see what’s there. Any time I’ve been out my son asks if he can scrape at the car. It’s nice to tell him to do whatever he wants and not really care what happens to the car. Hopefully in another week we can do some actual work on getting it running.
Also, I put these bumperettes in the cart on Amazon, but never ordered them. My wife figured I wanted them, so they showed up. I had to throw them on. Of course then I noticed that someone nailed a fiberglass tail section on the car. Oh well at least it looks a little better than the rusted, bent rear bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_8501.jpeg
    IMG_8501.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8478.jpeg
    IMG_8478.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: 6 users
I have no spark
Ahhhh, points ignition, those were the days. On Saturdays all the Dads would be doing points, condenser, cap and rotor, in the driveways. The kids would be gophers. 'get me a flashlight, screwdriver, can-o-beer......' That is how we learned.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor