BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I wanted to ask you what you used, paint wise, on your firewall... Looks really nice
POR15 gloss black. It seems to have dulled a bit from the original application. The stuff I have is supposed to be UV resistant, so I'm curious how it does in sunlight for long periods of time.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
POR15 gloss black. It seems to have dulled a bit from the original application. The stuff I have is supposed to be UV resistant, so I'm curious how it does in sunlight for long periods of time.
Never would have thought it was gloss black... Looks satin... but looks really good !

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Spent some more time working on the battery cables. Got the positive side done, had to fight with the negative side at the frame but got it tightened down too!
I also finished up the steam lines, so other than fabbing an intake and rigging up some temporary exhaust this car should be ready to crank over, or at least attempt to! Oh yeah, need to add trans fluid and gas.
20190808_203906.jpg

As much as I didn't want to, I sanded some more on the one wheelwell. I'm 90% sure it's ready for more primer, but I ran out of daylight and I was wearing down from the day.
20190808_210426.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Spent some more time working on the battery cables. Got the positive side done, had to fight with the negative side at the frame but got it tightened down too!
I also finished up the steam lines, so other than fabbing an intake and rigging up some temporary exhaust this car should be ready to crank over, or at least attempt to! Oh yeah, need to add trans fluid and gas.
View attachment 120362
As much as I didn't want to, I sanded some more on the one wheelwell. I'm 90% sure it's ready for more primer, but I ran out of daylight and I was wearing down from the day. View attachment 120363
Cool! But this time paint them the right color lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thank you. I have the same battery box from a previous project that I never used. I was planning on putting it in the spare tire well but never checked fitmen. I guess I'm screwed
It will NOT fit, I tried! Not saying reshaping the spare tire well wouldn't allow it, but I wasn't getting into that. It'll be fine where it's at, I can use the well for chairs, road tools,etc.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Have you realized that this thing could be drivable in a few hours?
Oh I know Zach, I've just gotten so dang meticulous about stuff it takes me longer than it should. Literally need to screw in 02's, rig the exhaust, run a charge wire for the alt(think I'm just gonna run it to the starter instead of to the battery). Couple other wire hookups inside the car, bolt the grounds up and see if it cranks.

Reactions: 9 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor