BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Well, i had a little motivation this evening and decided to finish up my door handles. As stated before, i had them coated to match all my trim, and i made some inserts for them for a custom touch.

After a few minutes of fine tuning the inserts, i carefully stuck them on. I think they look awesome! Hard to get good pics of real carbon fiber, let me know what yall think. Oh, and a pic with the header panel emblem to see my vision😉
20170512_205716.jpg
20170512_205811.jpg
20170512_205927.jpg

Not my style but it is pretty cool looking.

Not my style but it is pretty cool looking.
Thanks. I knew going into the resto that some things that i plan on would not appeal to everyone, and that's ok. That's what makes this hobby unique....it's not the same ole same ole seen at every show.

If you have the time, back several pages in my thread i have pics of all my window trim after coating. The powder color resembles a satin black, but in the sun it almost looks metallic....pretty cool effect.

I was able to free up a few minutes to get out the grinder and knock down the A/C comp boss on the pass side of the 5.3. Now i have to choose on whether to space the clamshell due to the ridge on the backside, or get the oer mounts that are flat so the clamshell will sit flush to the swap plate....decisions, decisions.

Also, my 6yr old couldn't figure out why i was wearing my safety glasses even after telling her for protection. Then i walked in and showed her my arms lol....
20170516_201401.jpg

All 3 of them said "ewwww" lol! Nobody said hotroddin was clean all the time.

I've always heard great things about trend.
I have been running Trend pushrods in my BBC's for many years and they hold up great and I have never had a failure and lucky for me they are only 15 minutes away about the same distance Dart Machinery is from my house.

I was able to free up a few minutes to get out the grinder and knock down the A/C comp boss on the pass side of the 5.3. Now i have to choose on whether to space the clamshell due to the ridge on the backside, or get the oer mounts that are flat so the clamshell will sit flush to the swap plate....decisions, decisions.

This is a new one on me Scott. We didn't have to grind an A/C boss for the swap plates on my brother's car. The clamshells bolted right up. The Camaro clamshells must be different from the G-body ones. Would you be willing to post some pics? You have me curious.

Also, my 6yr old couldn't figure out why i was wearing my safety glasses even after telling her for protection. Then i walked in and showed her my arms lol....View attachment 66267

All 3 of them said "ewwww" lol! Nobody said hotroddin was clean all the time.
This is a new one on me Scott. We didn't have to grind an A/C boss for the swap plates on my brother's car. The clamshells bolted right up. The Camaro clamshells must be different from the G-body ones. Would you be willing to post some pics? You have me curious.
Jared, i will try to get some pics this evening if possible. I have the normal car style sbc engine side mounts. It looked to be a common issue....there are quite a few threads on ls1 about it, as well as youtube.

Now I'm curious on which holes to use to mount them....for stock location the clamshells bolt up far forward, but since i will most likely run a 4L80, I'm sure the engine might need to move forward to offset the length of the 350 vs 4L80. I've got some reading to do there.

Reactions: Texas82GP
With some more help from Jared, i ordered up a new powerbond premium replacement balancer and ARP bolt for the LS today. I've also been using some elbow grease getting some parts cleaned and prepped for paint. I'm planning on assembling this thing in a couple weeks.
I've got some LS assembly loaner tools getting shipped from TX to KY to help aide in the process....a huge thanks in advance to TEXAS82GP!!!!

We've had a nice break in the humidity today here in KY...I was able to get the front and rear engine covers primed and painted before the sun went down! The light was messing with the color, but it looks pretty close to the exterior paint the cutlass will be. I hope it turns out how i envision it in my head.
20170522_192809.jpg
20170522_200215.jpg
20170522_202017.jpg
20170522_211111.jpg

Attachments

• 20170522_211426.jpg
    20170522_211426.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 281

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor