BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
All the lights look awesome Scott! You're doing some great work there. All the hard work will pay off when it's all together!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
All the lights look awesome Scott! You're doing some great work there. All the hard work will pay off when it's all together!
Couldn't agree with Kevin more. When the car is painted, the detail items like the refurbished lights will really make it pop, instead of let it down.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY

Thanks again Kevin! I sure hope so, if it all comes together like I vision it, it should look pretty badass!!!

Couldn't agree with Kevin more. When the car is painted, the detail items like the refurbished lights will really make it pop, instead of let it down.
Thanks Jared! I've had this crazy vision in my head for years, and slowely but surely it's all materializing into the parts!

Jim has a good head start, his wagon and the cutlass should look pretty similar upon assembly! And NO we didn't call each other prior to see what the other car was wearing lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Scott, I'm anxious for you to start putting it back together.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott, I'm anxious for you to start putting it back together.

Me too Jim!!! It's been more than long enough, and should've been painted months ago...but I digress!!!

Hoping to see it in paint in the next couple months, and start putting together around fall.

Thanks again on the tips to wet sand the lights up to 5000 grit! It made a heluva difference. Actually, thanks to all the guys giving tips here and there! It gave me the confidence to give the lights a go!

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The lenses look great! I haven't tried that trim black, I've use the SEM years ago, the can looked different, maybe a different formula? In any case, it's looking good, forward progress no matter how small is still progress.

It's all low VOC now that's what's different

• Agree

Timothy Kennedy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 18, 2017
Agreed! The 1st time I used it I freaked out thinking it wasn't spraying right because it comes out kind of blotchy! Then it levels out soooo smooth it's crazy!!! It's not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

This is what I've been using since all of my trim is satin black... View attachment 70665

I had used the same paint to spray my engine compartment. We've use that stuff on the front chin spoiler on a Ferrari

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The lenses look great! I haven't tried that trim black, I've use the SEM years ago, the can looked different, maybe a different formula? In any case, it's looking good, forward progress no matter how small is still progress.

Jim, the trim black is probably the best rattle can spray I've used compared to others. SEM has a couple different options, I went with the satin as to match all the other trim and handles that I had coated awhile back.

As I've said before, it's weird when sprayed as it comes out of the can blotchy, but it levels out real nice within minutes!

I'm pretty sure they offer it in quart and/or gallon form as well for using in a gun. I believe that's what Hafrod has used on his salon. I just don't have access to the equipmemt, or anywhere to store it if I did, so rattle can it has to be!!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I had used the same paint to spray my engine compartment. We've use that stuff on the front chin spoiler on a Ferrari
They make a nice product! It's not cheap, but the quality after spraying speaks for itself! I have a case of color coat for when I get to the interior of my car. I will be changing everything from factory saddle tan to black so that everything matches the overall theme of my build.

Timothy Kennedy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 18, 2017
They make a nice product! It's not cheap, but the quality after spraying speaks for itself! I have a case of color coat for when I get to the interior of my car. I will be changing everything from factory saddle tan to black so that everything matches the overall theme of my build.

I did the same. My dash and panels went from Camel to grey and seats black. Lol. Then when I was in a rush to drive and move I tossed the panels. How stupid. I'd like to put some 2006ish GTO seats in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor