BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I didn't paint the back side of any of my interior panels. Now I really feel like a worm.

You are fine as long as you avoid using white zip ties on black wire loom. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks great! If you do anything to those rockets, I'd match the steery wheel with just a subtle outline of the raised edges. Charcoal gray or something a bit lighter but not to bright. Make a subtle statement that's easier to spot when someone is checking out your car.

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright, I know I said I was gonna finish the wheelwells first, but the humidity dropped making it ideal paint weather. So I attempted to highlight the rocket emblems and it failed, so back to black they went.
My new front belts came in today and look awesome! Thennnnnm my wife called and her car died and she was stuck. So went to rescue her, thought I had it fixed, 5 mins after we parted it died again. We switched cars, I had hers towed and still can't get any code other than an EVAP issue(09 Mariner with no has cap system grrrrrr).

Anyways, it got dark and I came back to the Cutlass. Got the belts fished through the sail panels, and got them installed. I think they look great, but damn I've got alot more panels than I thought to prep and paint. Pics just because....
20190906_171543.jpg
20190906_202224.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Adjusted the base idle and a couple other things. Still need to figure out why the rpms start climbing after 20+ seconds of idle time. It acts like a vacuum leak, but it's def not that.
Here is another short video with the cam chopping better as the engine temp is closer to op temp. Oh, fixed the trans fluid leak but now there seems to be either a water or oil leak at rear of engine :(. I'll have to look into that further.
Until then.....

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Adjusted the base idle and a couple other things. Still need to figure out why the rpms start climbing after 20+ seconds of idle time. It acts like a vacuum leak, but it's def not that.
Here is another short video with the cam chopping better as the engine temp is closer to op temp. Oh, fixed the trans fluid leak but now there seems to be either a water or oil leak at rear of engine :(. I'll have to look into that further.
Until then.....

Your tuner sucks! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Here is another short video with the cam chopping better as the engine temp is closer to op temp. Oh, fixed
Your tuner sucks! ;)
Highly unlikely bro! I enjoy the challenge of figuring this software out and how one cell can be askew and cause the whole shebang to act goofy. I'm wondering if it's an AC related issue and the ECM thinks it's there. I recall disabling the AC functions and saved it, but I'll check when I get home.

Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Always some gremlins in a new build. You'll figure it out !!!! Sounds really good tho

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got the passenger side wheelwell sanded to 400. Still need to do 600 wet, then do the other wheelwell and hopefully finally paint them. Looking smooth so far...
20190918_193810.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Better get some quilts or something to lay on those when you work under the hood! You have sooo much effort in them!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor