big block vs small block

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u wanna look at it that way thats cool lol but il stick with the good ol 350 i just got done buildin for mileybu a few months ago i dont feel like doin another motor swap anytime soon lol but an LS would be swweeeettt

jacobdavis1979 said:
if u wanna look at it that way thats cool lol but il stick with the good ol 350 i just got done buildin for mileybu a few months ago i dont feel like doin another motor swap anytime soon lol but an LS would be swweeeettt
Your ride is set up pretty sweet there bro. Nice work I must say. If anything, **** the LS and throw on a supercharger. But it's so unnecessary, like I said, it's a sweet setup as it is.

The carbureted LS actually puts out more power than the fuel injected. Also, MSD makes an ignition box to keep the coil-on-plug setup on the LS with a carburetor :mrgreen:

larryo454 said:
84sbcregal23deg said:
kornball426 said:
I know this is two pages back now, but it doesn't offend me if you hate Fords but it's ignorant to say they suck.

I've had a very potent big block Ford and there's nothing I can think of that had more power that I have ever experienced. And 351 cleveland's or 351W's with aftermarket heads or Cleveland heads are every bit a match for a Chevy and often times better. Their only drawback is main bearing size in the Windsor and there's not as many common performance heads but in most other aspects it's better than an SBC.

That is all.

thumbs up to that, i got my *ss handed to me by 4 of them last summer. and most of them were smaller engines than mine! two 347s, a 351 and a 392.

Yes the 3 engines you talk about were the cars mustangs? If so the mustangs is a lite car coming in under 3000lbs if you are in a gbody car you 3400+ lbs. This means that your engine got to work harder to pull that much weight.

2 mustangs, a falcon and a maverick. most of them were prob a little lighter than my car, but i got my car pretty light too. im down around 3300, and i know for a fact that the maverick was 3175. lol, he beat me by a lot better than 125 lbs!

RITTER said:
The carbureted LS actually puts out more power than the fuel injected. Also, MSD makes an ignition box to keep the coil-on-plug setup on the LS with a carburetor :mrgreen:
no. maybe if the FI version is on a base tune.

but the thing is will a stock ls1 run with 350hp 455 olds motor... my bubbys has a 2002 camaro ls1 and he gets beat by a lot of built 350 chevys and 302 fords

yeah, with the emissions programming still in the ECU you could do better with a carb, but there's no way EFI will be less power at "full" tune.

megaladon6 said:
yeah, with the emissions programming still in the ECU you could do better with a carb, but there's no way EFI will be less power at "full" tune.
That doesn't make sense to me. EFI is supposedly superior to a mechanically operated air/fuel intake, because it is electronically receiving input before putting out the fuel jet. My crate motor puts out 25 more HP with EFI than the carburated version.

454muscle said:
megaladon6 said:
That doesn't make sense to me. EFI is supposedly superior to a mechanically operated air/fuel intake, because it is electronically receiving input before putting out the fuel jet. My crate motor puts out 25 more HP with EFI than the carburated version.

I think he meant with the stock tune on the pcm, the engine will not put out nearly as much power as a computer tuned with no worry about emissions requirements.

454muscle said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
Your ride is set up pretty sweet there bro. Nice work I must say. If anything, **** the LS and throw on a supercharger. But it's so unnecessary, like I said, it's a sweet setup as it is.

Thanks man that means alot. u sayin that just made my day lol :mrgreen: Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor