chops build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
I just reread this whole build, nice to see you are back at it. I'm looking forward to seeing it done.
Man thanks. It's like most of my stuff. I do some work n back off. I now have a full time machine shop making parts for side by sides. And with 2 kids its tuff getting it all done. But this car my wife got me when we didnt have alot so I will see this thru. Besides another cutlass on the road is another lost soul saved!

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad to see you back at it Scott.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
New trans lines and radiator cover from Mike's Montes!
Thanks Mike!
Also new 245/45/17's came in! I will post pics of stuff this weekend. She is getting there..I will be driving my olds! Very very soon
20190709_085201.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
New autometer triple phantom 2 5/8ths gauges are ready to work.
So now the new radiator, fan and shroud are in. Oil n filter changed,transmission fluid n fliter (it wasnt pretty, new trans in future),
20190713_084329.jpg
The rear umi suspension is in...17s going on the wheels...n the brakes should be done this weekend....almost ready to start up again.

Reactions: 1 user

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Well her she is. Still wearing her green mossy patina n weathered look. Hey I paid alot for that there look...
Well now the real fun begins.
I can say the money spent int the suspension, brakes and wheels was well worth the cash. I love this car. Even tho it seems sitting wasnt good on alot of stuff and I have issues to address...guess what? My car is back on all 4's and running. It's not sitting anymore! Or on Jack stands...so I dont care how its looks or sounds to anyone else. It's a work of art to me and it will only get better. I will take and post more pics but this is after the 1st ride and I can say its awesome
20190731_174054.jpg

• Winner

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
So there's always a gremlin hiding....and my fuel pump crapped out. Sooo Advanced Auto to the rescue. New holly pump ..cost 101. With 25 percent off n a 20 dollar perk reward.65. Another 20 perk reward paid for the collector gaskets. Anyways tomorrow I will install the pump and collector gaskets n see what NEW GREMLIN WILL ARISE
20190801_214026.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
20190803_194005.jpg
20190803_193951.jpg
a fuel pump n some love later...I was rewarded with a awesome drive and I found a place to take some cool pics I can speak enough on how much I love my umi/spohns suspension!
I still love my small block!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
just re-read the entire thread, glad you're back at it, and are driving it!

cool pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor