EZ-EFI INSTALLATION Q's In 1984 el camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
Hi my name is mark. I'm planning to install the fast ez-efi kit 30227 in my el co. I have a built 383 stroker 490HP 460 TBLS, level 3 7004r and a ford 9inch in the rear, so to take advantage of my combo i want to ditch the proform 650 67199 in favor of the efi kit. My main question was about the fuel system modification, i have the stock v8 305 gas tank and i was wondering if i can use the canister vapor line as a return for the efi? or if anyone has installed this kit before in a g-body car and has a few tips that would be awesome. Thanks-Mark

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Yes, you can use the vapor line as a return, just make sure you replace all the rubber hose with fresh ones, as they dry out over time.

Also, do yourself a favor and get a fuel tank for an El Camino that originally had the TBI 4.3 V6.
They were offered from '85-'87.
That way you'll have a baffled tank, and can run an in-tank electric pump.

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
Thanks a lot that info was awesome. if i get the tank and sending unit what inline pump would work with the ez efi kit as far as pressure and volume? My motor only has 490HP so i need to match the in-tank pump to match those specs. Thanks again Mark :D

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
i would get a pump rated higher than your hp. That way you have some wiggle room and you know you have more than enough.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
chevystr383 said:
Thanks a lot that info was awesome. if i get the tank and sending unit what inline pump would work with the ez efi kit as far as pressure and volume? My motor only has 490HP so i need to match the in-tank pump to match those specs. Thanks again Mark :D

If you get the recommended tank that he was referring to then you wont need an inline. You will have the intake pump. The ez kit should tell you what the pressure and everything needs to be set at. I am thinking no less than 45 off the top of my head though but it will be what your motor wants and runs at.

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
I was thinking the same. I was planning on running at least 45 psi. But im kinda stuck between the fence, the kit is 2000 and i was wondering it is all worth it. My proform has no choke and irs a pain to restart when cold and hot so now i'm looking for something more reliable like efi. Has anyone ran this kit in any of their cars?

82cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2010
:bump:
Im interested in the systme also but at 2 grand it better have a significant effect on something, cuz thats just not cheap.

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
I'm currently also in the market for a fuel injection kit. I've been looking at Holleys Avenger multi port injection systems. You may want to check out Yearone's Professional Products fuel injection systems. They have a reasonably priced mpi system that I was considering buying until I found out from their tech department that it doesnt work with Vortec heads. Do get a fuel tank from a FI Monte Carlo. They are indeed baffled inside and has the fuel pump in the tank. I picked up mine used for $100. They are a little hard to find used.

Al

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
i dont really trust professional products and i want a efi kit that will work with my current intake, A Edelbrock air gap. I have 180cc AFRs with traditional intake bolt style but the holley street avenger doesnt sound that bad. I just dont have good experience with procomp or professional products parts. I was looking into the powerjection 3 but theirs a lot of guys that have problems with the kit. But back on the ez-efi, do you think i should just get a 1985-87 fuel tank sender which already has a return line and use the fuel but that comes in the kit or should i get the whole fuel tank from a monte carlo and get an aftermarket fuel pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor