EZ-EFI INSTALLATION Q's In 1984 el camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Make sure that if you use that vapor line as a return line, that you check the vapor line for a type of brass restrictor. I used a holley projection system for a short time and used the vapor line as a return to the tank. One gentleman informed me of this brass in-line restrictor and if it is not removed you'll blow the line and lead to a possible fire. If I remember right its in the line near the gas tank.

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
chevystr383 said:
i dont really trust professional products and i want a efi kit that will work with my current intake, A Edelbrock air gap. I have 180cc AFRs with traditional intake bolt style but the holley street avenger doesnt sound that bad. I just dont have good experience with procomp or professional products parts. I was looking into the powerjection 3 but theirs a lot of guys that have problems with the kit. But back on the ez-efi, do you think i should just get a 1985-87 fuel tank sender which already has a return line and use the fuel but that comes in the kit or should i get the whole fuel tank from a monte carlo and get an aftermarket fuel pump?

At first I was also looking at something that I can bolt-on to my air gap manifold. I started to think its no more than a glorified carb set up with injectors. Thats why I'm thinking for $1000 more to get a MPI system. The FI Monte Carlo tanks are still available as an after market item and go for ~$240. Unfortunately, the sending unit is not available anymore from what I've been able to research. I've checked at Autozone, Schucks and nothing shows in their system.

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
yeah thats why i'm planning on removing the fuel sending unit and welding on a return line. The least thing i need is a fire!

chevystr383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
okay, so i finally bought the kit and started the fuel system. i welded a 5/16 return line for the ez-efi but i think im running into another issue. I also needed to weld a 1/4 vent line but now i dont really know how i'm going to reconnect it to the charcoal canister. i have the canister that only has two lines coming out one says "CARB" and the other says "TANK". HOW DO I HOOK THIS sh*t UP! :( Are their any other ways to not use the canister but still vent the tank and not stink up my garage, thanks mark PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I plan on putting the EZ-EFI on at one point. I am interested in hearing how much more power people got and how much better fuel economy they got by switching. I get 10mpg and thats driving it with a p*ssy foot.

When I switch I'm going to use this for my fuel return. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-65385/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor