Holley G-Body LS swap infotainment thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
My apologies for the wait.

Here is the PS pulley clearance with the Holley mounts and trans crossmember.

20190910_152403.jpg
20190910_152409.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Did you happen to use the truck ac? I have the same mount setup and was under the impression that stock truck ac would clear the mounts, but no way. Just tried them today and definitely won’t work with stock truck ac bracket.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Did you happen to use the truck ac? I have the same mount setup and was under the impression that stock truck ac would clear the mounts, but no way. Just tried them today and definitely won’t work with stock truck ac bracket.

No, the truck AC bracket interfered with the holley mounts. I'm guessing they planned that so you would have to use one of their bracket setups for AC.

Reactions: 1 user

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
So guys, something to look out for. I noticed that my mounts didn’t quite match the instruction pictures, just a little bit different in the bolt hole outside radii. I noticed that they weren’t on the right side that the pic showed. Hard to explain but I attached a pic so look close.
scouring the forums I found a guy that is a design engineer for Holley and this is what he said.
“As I was suspecting might be your problem, your brackets were mis-boxed; those brackets are for 1973-87 C10 trucks. We had that exact problem with a run of those brackets in the past, so that’s why I had you send me the photos to evaluate it. You’ll need to call the Holley tech service line to get them swapped out for a correct set, but they’ll gladly take care of it for you.”

So be super careful using these. I’ll return them and hopefully have better luck!

Attachments

• D79311E7-A2F8-4382-ADED-081477526EED.jpeg
    D79311E7-A2F8-4382-ADED-081477526EED.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 380
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Q8y_drifter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2016
Kuwait
Just came in here to say thanks for all the reference pics showing clearances around the engine and what not. That info is invaluable!

I do have a few questions if I may. Did you have to modify the firewall in any way to clear the engine and trans? (specifically at the protruding pinch weld area). Also what about the trans, some say you have to snip off the ears for clearance? Finally, would you know how much clearance you have between the top of the intake manifold and underside of the hood?

Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Just came in here to say thanks for all the reference pics showing clearances around the engine and what not. That info is invaluable!

I do have a few questions if I may. Did you have to modify the firewall in any way to clear the engine and trans? (specifically at the protruding pinch weld area). Also what about the trans, some say you have to snip off the ears for clearance? Finally, would you know how much clearance you have between the top of the intake manifold and underside of the hood?

Thanks again!

Ok, pinch weld was untouched but wouldnt hurt to hammer flat so it's out of your way.

Trans you trim flush with the edge of the block. Kinda like this.
20181224_143852.jpg

Kinda hard as I havent really had a good look at the clearance, I'm gonna say 1.5" ballpark with stock, non turbo hood. Are you thinking taller intake? My truck intake is pretty tall?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor