I have the source to get G body parts manufactured

Status
Not open for further replies.

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
x infinity on the doors!! My passenger side door I can probably save but the driver side is rusted thru under the chrome strip right on the front.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
88Classic said:
x infinity on the doors!! My passenger side door I can probably save but the driver side is rusted thru under the chrome strip right on the front.
yep...mine too....the drip hole gets clogged and then it starts to rust from the inside out :puke:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
me and Brian from g body parts will be meeting soon to prototype and copy much of what he has Nos. Development will take a lottle time. at least we are in the process
z

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
I'd be happy with inner door bottom repair panels and door skins. Much cheaper and easier to develope than a full door. Don't get me wrong, full doors would be great, but after all the r&d, those things will cost a small fortune :(

*talking about cutlass/regal doors*

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
G-Body_Vet said:
How about reasonably priced ABS bumper fillers? You can find cheap fiberglass, but I feel like I'm getting robbed when it comes to the ABS pieces.

I have some fillers in my possession and the thing that I see an issue is the plastic composition with reproducing. I have someone getting me the chemistry makup of the urethane to see how difficult to reproduce.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
88hurstolds said:
Sweet!
Can't wait for the doors to come around, you're awesome!
That is gonna be a HUGE seller...

Two NOS doors in possession. Getting ready to find manufacturers for repro.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
79loserbluebu said:
OEM grade weatherstrips and USA made doors will sell to the enthusiasts. They'll be expensive being US made but totally worth it in terms of quality.

THe tooling costs on the doors for a USA made product would make the cost of the door near $1000.00 ea.

I dont see very many people going that route.

You all dont understand and I am sorry if I offend but there are nill to no products that are manufactured in the USA.

My opinion is this. I search for a manufacturer that can get us the products needed and make the quality outstanding. I wish I could make in the USA.....But costs are too much for us to afford the product. I have been doing this for over 10 years and could tell you where all reproduced products are manufactured for nearly all resto programs in the USA.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
you can add me to the list for needing full doors.
its a shame that it cannot be economical to manufacture parts here. as long as the quality is excellent...

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada
Instead of making complete doors how about just making a full door skin. Can only get the lower outer skin, from body line down and the inner lower skin. Would be great to be able to buy a full outer skin. Would be even better if you could reproduce the door skins for all the g bodies, Regal, Cutlass, Monte, etc. I know that I would buy left and right for a Regal if they were available.

Chris

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
suffrn6 said:
Instead of making complete doors how about just making a full door skin. Can only get the lower outer skin, from body line down and the inner lower skin. Would be great to be able to buy a full outer skin. Would be even better if you could reproduce the door skins for all the g bodies, Regal, Cutlass, Monte, etc. I know that I would buy left and right for a Regal if they were available.

I am starting on die stamped patch panel inner and outer. The skin will be tooled as well. Then we start on the door shells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor