My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Check the seams by the lower corners of the windshield, it is very common for the OE seam sealer to dry out, crack, and fall apart, allowing water to enter there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I re-sealed the top of the heater box with mega black gasket maker, the past few days its rained and there is much less/almost no water in the car, going to seal it a little better and also working on something to fill the big hole in the heater box where the heater core hose pipings come out
Normally the opening in the box is just filled with a few foam rubber pieces that come in the heater box seal kit. The water shouldn't be coming from there.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Normally the opening in the box is just filled with a few foam rubber pieces that come in the heater box seal kit. The water shouldn't be coming from there.

it looked like it was coming from there tho. like i said it was the a/c delete heater box so who knows what happened but its not really leaking now so i have to assume the gasket maker sealed where it was coming in from the top...

Reactions: 1 user

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
well no more water leaking in the car so thats a big plus... prob gonna stay at work late weds or thurs night to see if i can finish it...

still debating selling it when the new trans and interior is in cause I wanna get another c7 vette

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
did the trans tonight, new hughes GM30HD converter and hughes th350 reverse manual valve body and ratchet shifter... just spent 7 hours after work fighting with it... really starting to hate it... still need to finish the interior

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
did the trans tonight, new hughes GM30HD converter and hughes th350 reverse manual valve body and ratchet shifter... just spent 7 hours after work fighting with it... really starting to hate it... still need to finish the interior
I'm sure a C7 Vette is a lot easier to work on.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I'm sure a C7 Vette is a lot easier to work on.
I had one when it first came out (early 14 build) and it wasn't that bad to work on lol easier than my f-body is plus if u leave it stock (I doubt that will happen) it's really easy to work on lol

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
f- it bough the new stingray anyway YOLO happy 30th bday to me. still finishing the monte.. i have all the parts for months already just getting time to finish it. might sell it might keep it. depends on my mood that day lol

• Winner

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Now that you've got a modern hot rod you don't have to stress over the Monte and you can get it done when you get a chance. Let's see that Vette!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor