Need Advice- Crashed UHaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
(my cars are registered to me but are on my dads insurance)

This isn't possible. There is no insurance company in the US that will insure a car that is registered in someone else's name.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
This isn't possible. There is no insurance company in the US that will insure a car that is registered in someone else's name.

You sure? I did it in Japan, and insured my dad's house in MI in my name when it was still in his name.

Nov 4, 2012
You sure? I did it in Japan, and insured my dad's house in MI in my name when it was still in his name.

Maybe in another country but I am 99.99% certain you cannot insure a vehicle that is registered in someone else's name.

You can insure a vehicle that is titled in someone else's name. That's how leases and financing work. The bank or lease agency holds the title, but the car is registered in your name.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe in another country but I am 99.99% certain you cannot insure a vehicle that is registered in someone else's name.

You can insure a vehicle that is titled in someone else's name. That's how leases and financing work. The bank or lease agency holds the title, but the car is registered in your name.
As long as the car is registered to someone who is included on the policy some carriers are OK with it.

I've done some strange things in the past - I put a truck that was only in my name registration or title on my wife's USAA policy because of coverage limits/rates. They were fine with it because I was a named household insured under it.

Meanwhile I had my own policy under amica that didn't list it, because due to age and classic status they didn't want to add collision.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I wonder if that rusty Tbird still feels like a bargain.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I wonder if that rusty Tbird still feels like a bargain.
Did it ever? The mileage fee alone is far more than I would give for one, D0VE heads or not

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
how are the people in the focus you likely totalled ? It's their insurance company that it is probably pushing back and looking for negligence

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor