New engine no start issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just remember that Goodmark and OPGI are buying them from the same place as Spectra. I got a Spectra.......once didn't like it, and once I did. So, I'm literally 50/50 on the issue.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When you do get your new tank I suggest you clean the outside of it and cover it with KBS or something similar

• Agree

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
When you do get your new tank I suggest you clean the outside of it and cover it with KBS or something similar
Yeah, I planned on doing the same thing to the new one as the old one. The old one has a very nice coat of undercoating on it, and the outside has very little rust on it except for the very top where it didn't get the undercoat. Even there, it's only surface stuff that I could have sanded off easily. It really is kind of a shame I found some rust on the inside, because aside from that, the tank is in great shape.

Then again, as one man once asked, "Aside from the part at the end, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Just remember that Goodmark and OPGI are buying them from the same place as Spectra. I got a Spectra.......once didn't like it, and once I did. So, I'm literally 50/50 on the issue.
If that's the case I might take a chance on the Spectra. The only thing I don't like is that they don't advertise their tanks as being galvanized whereas the OPGI/Goodmark ones are.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Oh, I just discovered something. Good call, Fleming442! On the Spectra website, the tank part number is GM704A and when I look up that part number on Summit's website I come up with the Goodmark tank... at almost double the price as the same part number on RockAuto. THAT IS REALLY SLEAZY!

Now that is a real chin scratcher! I wonder what Goodmark does - if anything - to justify that huge price difference... because the only difference I see on paper is the galvanization.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
They're galvanized. I got mine off rockauto....
The neck fit looked kind of sketchy on my G tank, I bent it, kinked the vent, and got the slow fill curse. So, that 50% negative could have been operator error.

• Useful

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Oh, I just discovered something. Good call, Fleming442! On the Spectra website, the tank part number is GM704A and when I look up that part number on Summit's website I come up with the Goodmark tank... at almost double the price as the same part number on RockAuto. THAT IS REALLY SLEAZY!

Now that is a real chin scratcher! I wonder what Goodmark does - if anything - to justify that huge price difference... because the only difference I see on paper is the galvanization.

Let me Summit up for you, they charge what they think they can get out of a buyer who doesn't shop around....:)

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Man, being so close to getting this thing done and waiting for parts is just making me jittery and nervous like an expecting father. I just wanna get it started again so I can know for sure if I've licked the overheating issue once and for all haha.

if the parts are going to be delivered by UPS they may be in the air at this moment on the way to your front door....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor