thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
vladj said:
ya intake/exhaust/underdrive pulley/aftermarket ECU/ Lightweight flywheel. and the car isnt that old its a 2006 hyundai elantra

you can tell I don't know those cars, I would've guessed it was closer to '00

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
lol! theres a kid in my town witha red POS hyundai with geo metro size 10 inch rims,and no exhaust on this car,and he acts all tuff flooring it at stop signs,and the whole 8000 rpm and 30 mph thing goes on there,a lot of the times the cars transmission(if it has one lol) slips,so every time i see that car i think 'Tuner Fail'

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
a guy I work with has a brand new si hatch, when we leave work he trys to impress me and leaves by flooring it and speed shifting, well one night I walking toward the camino and I hear BUUZZZZZ BA BA BUZZZZ, Its a lot of noise and im thinking that a normal car accelrating as hard as that hatch was would be by are mcdonalds (about 900 ft away) and where was the small worthless honda?..... at the stop light 300 feet away.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
I needed to replace the water pump on my Cutlass. I called Autozone and told him I needed a waterpump for a 75 Cutlass. He's like "What is that? An Oldsmobile?".

Guh.....I figured he must be a ricer/tuner boy

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
HurstOlds said:
I needed to replace the water pump on my Cutlass. I called Autozone and told him I needed a waterpump for a 75 Cutlass. He's like "What is that? An Oldsmobile?".

Doesn't need to be a tuner. 90% of people that work at parts stores don't know enough about cars to be working there. I went to check on a harmonic balancer sleeve one day at Advance Auto Parts. the idiot behind the counter just looked up harmonic balancer. I walked away after saying you're wasting my time. He said as I left, Go to a junkyard! I would never use a junkyard balancer, and I wouldn't find a sleeve in a junkyard. I got one through Rock Auto though.

BTW: I haven't been in that store since!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
This doesn't have to do with ricers, but they might as well be. I took the cutlass for a drive today (doesn't have exhaust) and at this stage it looks like a crappy car, nothing works together, it's missing pieces, and the paint looks like sh*t. But of course I wouldn't call it a sleeper with the 100-120 decibels coming from the engine, a big friggin air cleaner outta the hood, and a tach in the front window.

So anyway, I'm driving in the neighborhood just coasting, and it's louder than any truck around with flowmasters... next thing I know an old pos grand cherokee starts to tail me and speeding up/ slowing down like he wants to pass or somethin.... this is in a neighborhood with people on bikes and walking :roll:. It's obvious I'm just cruisin or test driving as I was going about the speed limit, but this guy doesn't stop. So I pull out on the main 4 lane road and I'm going real slooow, I still haven't taken this engine above 3,000 rpms under a load or opened the secondaries yet. The jeep gets in the lane beside me and goes slow just on my back bumper for a while then all of the sudden... vroom! lol he steps on it and doesn't look back.

After going down the road a half mile and turning around to go back home, another truck with some loud mufflers -- crew cab hemi -- does the exact same thing. Wtf is the deal here? Is it because my olds is louder than them they think I want to race? It's obvious that the car is likely no slouch compared to 5500 lb truck... :roll:

This also happened last week when I took it for a cruise, similar situation with another dodge truck. So my problems have been more with trucks than ricers. Can't wait to get an exhaust and a rear end to have some fun :twisted:

waggin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Puget Sound, WA
outsider_27 said:
HurstOlds said:

Doesn't need to be a tuner. 90% of people that work at parts stores don't know enough about cars to be working there. I went to check on a harmonic balancer sleeve one day at Advance Auto Parts. the idiot behind the counter just looked up harmonic balancer. I walked away after saying you're wasting my time. He said as I left, Go to a junkyard! I would never use a junkyard balancer, and I wouldn't find a sleeve in a junkyard. I got one through Rock Auto though.

Schucks is the worst around here. If you tell them all the specs, they still have to ask you everything again in the order the computer prompts them. And no, I don't want fries with that! I keep waiting for them to ask that, since Mickey D's was probably their last place of employment.

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
I live out in va, but I was born in idaho, and my grandpa still lives out in lewiston, thats the only schucks ive been to, I thought it was way better than anything out here, the guy new what he was talking about, I got offered a job at autozone after the manager couldnt figure out how to put a simple battery on and I said here I'll do it.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
outsider_27 said:
HurstOlds said:

i work in an auto parts store and i can tell you that half the time its the customer calling sh*t the wrong name. honestly. ppl come in for front brake shoes all the time. and if you came in for a harmonic balancer sleeve i would search harmonic balancer as a general search, hell id prob only type in 'harm bal'. now i can only speak for myself not all auto parts stores but most of my experience is ppl calling stuff the wrong name, and it takes a while to learn the lingo everone uses: a rotor seal? wheel seal. a rear differential seal, but in the front? pinion seal. it takes time to learn how everyone names things themselves, lol.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
yeah, but i once asked for plastigauge. instead of just asking what it was, he asks me what engine it's for! :blam: :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor