What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
L.A.X-RATED said:
itsnicyo said:
Finally finished installing my Quicksilver ratchet shifter, full interior detail.
any rEason why you didnt "center" the shifter? in order to do this you have to eliminate the factory shifter forward mount,move shifter back to center brace that goes goes from door to door center and mark/drill new holes for qs, cut the plate,and glass accordingly,IF you choose just to use the black shifter sweep shown,opposed to the whole "chrome cover provided with shifter?being that you have to replace the textured ovelay,and go ahead an "geterright" :wink: sorry just my ocd acting up and that offset would DRIVE ME CRAZY!!! but hey if its WORKS with you, do what you do!interior is in great cond 8)

Well a few reasons.. limited access to tools/supplies mainly. I guess it doesnt really bother me because the factory shifter was in the same location. Plus, my elbow naturally rests more on the right side of the center console. Shifter lines right up with my arm. I had originally planned to fill the left area with either a gear indicator or some toggle switches (later down the road when I need them). Now that you said something it's bugging me. Lol

yeah i was going to suggest possibly adding the indicator 8) if you decide to center it,pm me and ill shoot you a shift plate(i have a couple that are cut,for this purpose,and that you could work with :wink🙂for the shipping.(propably around 10.00 or less)i love the oxblood guts!!!keep the progress/restore coming!!! :mrgreen:

looks like we are getting back to giving our G's some needed attention ! got on the lift 2-day and got the transmission in. replaced rear main seal while I was there.put on the headers's , had to pull pass side to get my transmission line on . 2-morrow , connect all harness connectors , mock up cooling system ,swap intakes ( to a DBC) . maybe get to install of my posi unit ! btw, check out the clearance of the holley ls pan.

Attachments

• IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 385
After 5 months of restlessness and anxiety and heartache I got my Monte back from the body shop that held it hostage.

I got my Grand Prix licensed and insured Friday, and drove it for the first time around town today! I got a couple complements and that made me feel good 😀

tc, that elky looks good!

I Installed some factory wheel locks off a cutlass supreme and I painted my rear brake drums silver. Then I went riding around and to the local dam with my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor