What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
Scored some parts at the local wrecking yard. Worked on the wiring harness some more. The stand alone conversion for the LS-1 is easy, repairing the 1980 harnes after it has been butchered, then integrating it with the 2002 harness is proving to be a challenge. Making steady progress.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
mocked up my freshly dipped serp set-up,front fascia/header brackets,and glass resined my bumper cover in preparation for the "parking/delete-relocation",and put a coat of metal2metal evrcoat on the ac/heat delete panel welds,and firewall"dimples"(DAMN i hate em!!!)

Attachments

• IMGA03751.jpg
    IMGA03751.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 475
  • IMGA03761.jpg
    IMGA03761.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 453
  • IMGA03781.jpg
    IMGA03781.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 477

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
L.A.X-RATED said:
mocked up my freshly dipped serp set-up,front fascia/header brackets,and glass resined my bumper cover in preparation for the "parking/delete-relocation",and put a coat of metal2metal evrcoat on the ac/heat delete panel welds,and firewall"dimples"(DAMN i hate em!!!)
I have a dumb question ....Why the air pump ?

1LOW95GMC

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
I replaced 2 of the headlights that had mosture in them. I also polished the bumpers and most of the trim! 8)

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
tc1959 said:
Probably cause he lives in Cali.

L.A.X-RATED, did you paint the serpentine brackets yourself? Looks good.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
tc1959 said:
L.A.X-RATED said:
the "air pump" is hollowed out(shots out to darbysan! 8) ).i remove the insides/splines as so this allows just the outer "pulley"(which is not attached in pic)to spin freely,with the rest of the belt system,and as so there is no "blank void" where it resides,and also it throws off the "smog nazi's' that are NOT on the payroll :wink:also saves 35.00 for a delete pulley as well.

Attachments

• downsize (5).jpg
    downsize (5).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 390

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
crucial118 said:
tc1959 said:

yes,i prep/paint these set-ups myself,THANKS for the props! 8) i start off with a good through cleaning,then follow up the backets(depending on what color,i use)with some good expoxy primer,then topcoat with rustoleum alluminum finnish.as for the pulleys,i clean,hit with 400(grit) followed by 1000(grit),then metal prep,por-15,(mak where needed)and then finalize/topcoat wih rustoleum gloss black,and a coat of clear or longevity :wink: i sell these set-ups for 375.00(2 brackets,all pulleys,and hollowed out cat if needed,tensioner,and all bolts,of corse refinished/dipped)i also have powdercoated set-ups available(chromed out brackets,and color of choice pulleys),which i usually use on my own g's,REALLY bling and set of a engine,for 425.00shipped.i also have raw unfinished set-ups available(if you like to diy)for 225.00 shipped.i have 2 kinds of set-ups i use/sell---the 87-92 camaro/caprice set-ups(pictured,good for people needing the extra space up top where the tensioner resides,and is clocked more to the left,for instance when running a tpi) or the 88-95 silverado/gmc suv,and truck assemblies(,which tensioner is clocked more to the right)a MUST have add on these outdated,overweight,engines! because,v-belts SUCK, an 3rd gen efi "ls" engines RUUUUUUUULLLEEE!!!!! :mrgreen:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
L.A.X-RATED said:
crucial118 said:
tc1959 said:

yes,i prep/paint these set-ups myself,THANKS for the props! 8) i start off with a good through cleaning,then follow up the backets(depending on what color,i use)with some good expoxy primer,then topcoat with rustoleum alluminum finnish.as for the pulleys,i clean,hit with 400(grit) followed by 1000(grit),then metal prep,por-15,(mak where needed)and then finalize/topcoat wih rustoleum gloss black,and a coat of clear or longevity :wink: i sell these set-ups for 375.00(2 brackets,all pulleys,and hollowed out cat if needed,tensioner,and all bolts,of corse refinished/dipped)i also have powdercoated set-ups available(chromed out brackets,and color of choice pulleys),which i usually use on my own g's,REALLY bling and set of a engine,for 425.00shipped.i also have raw unfinished set-ups available(if you like to diy)for 225.00 shipped.i have 2 kinds of set-ups i use/sell---the 87-92 camaro/caprice set-ups(pictured,good for people needing the extra space up top where the tensioner resides,and is clocked more to the left,for instance when running a tpi) or the 88-95 silverado/gmc suv,and truck assemblies(,which tensioner is clocked more to the right)a MUST have add on these outdated,overweight,engines! because,v-belts SUCK, an 3rd gen efi "ls" engines RUUUUUUUULLLEEE!!!!! :mrgreen:

We don't see these set up's with a AIR pump here, Mine has the idler pulley. That's a great way to do it with the gutted out pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor