What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Do you have a build thread? Post the link if you do. The IRS has me interested.

No I do not. The IRS is something I always wanted in my car. It is out of a C4 Vette. Surprisingly it fits naturally under the car. That being said this is not a simple project. I had to do a lot of calculations and the rear frame had to be completely changed and modified to make it fit. Project took myself and a fabricator friend of mine about 3 months of weekends to get it all fabricated and in. There are other IRS systems that may be easier to fab in because they are designed to be customized or were more modular from the factory.
I chose the Vette for a few reasons.
1.) it was GM so no fancy adapter parts to fit rest of power train.
2.) I wanted to be able to get parts from local parts store not a specialty shop.
3.) the Vette rear has same bolt pattern as Regal so no odd rims needed.
4.) C4's have a good aftermarket supply.

Here is a couple shots of frame and torque bar:

Attachments

• Rear_Frame.jpg
    Rear_Frame.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 633
  • Torquebar5.jpg
    Torquebar5.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 639

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
NOTHING... my poor monte has been sitting in the same spot for a little over a week... suspended license cause i forgot about a ticket and my car sticks out like a sore thumb so i am sticking to driving the pick up till my license issue is resolved... found out it was suspended when i was driving home on route 25 (which was empty) and an UNMARKED blue dodge charger was acting like he wanted to play so i stomped my pedal and a couple mile game of cat n mouse insued... about 3 miles later hidden red n blue lights started flashing and he pulled me over for doing 122mph... wrote me up for "reckless driving" for the speed and "driving under suspension" and gave me a court date and let me have my car towed home... so, now i have the original ticket of $132 plus $60 to re-open the case, plus $175 to dmv to reinstate my license plus $150 for the tow (thank god i was close to home) and whatever fees they give me on the 5th for court...

NOT MY PICKUP... LOL

Attachments

• IMG_5070455648753.jpeg
    IMG_5070455648753.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 618

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
BPTTONE420012 said:
NOTHING... my poor monte has been sitting in the same spot for a little over a week... suspended license cause i forgot about a ticket and my car sticks out like a sore thumb so i am sticking to driving the pick up till my license issue is resolved... found out it was suspended when i was driving home on route 25 (which was empty) and an UNMARKED blue dodge charger was acting like he wanted to play so i stomped my pedal and a couple mile game of cat n mouse insued... about 3 miles later hidden red n blue lights started flashing and he pulled me over for doing 122mph... wrote me up for "reckless driving" for the speed and "driving under suspension" and gave me a court date and let me have my car towed home... so, now i have the original ticket of $132 plus $60 to re-open the case, plus $175 to dmv to reinstate my license plus $150 for the tow (thank god i was close to home) and whatever fees they give me on the 5th for court...

OUCH! :(

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Did some testing and tuning of my camber arms and dialing in my replacement carb.

My tires have hit the end of life (actually beyond)

Attachments

• Roadway.jpg
    Roadway.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 552
  • Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Carb.jpg
    Carb.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 571

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the voltage regulator died in my cs130 alternator and there is no local store who has any in stock....I have the alternator apart, the stator and baffle is out and all set to drop a new regulator in if I can ever find one.. online search for a kit in Canada revealed only one place, "Quantity available: Stock Arriving Shortly"....:wtf:

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Removed my dash to get the a/c box out so I can put the factory non ac-set in.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
just got back from punishing my rear tires. 8)

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Got the non-ac box and duct work in. Gotta get the dash back in tomorrow afternoon hopefully

DI_Knight

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
Mexico
Im on vacation so I have time to spend on my two Boos I just clean them up inside and outside, I'm planning change engine oil tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor