What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
if that's the only section that's rusted out like that cut it out and replace it with some 14 gauge.....
I was planning on it but then I found another big crack near the gas tank on the same rail. For some reason this corner of the car was rotted out more than any other part. The trunk was gone on this side, the spring mount on the axle tube was rotted off, and the body is filled with bondo around there. :wtf:

Goofed around with my timing a bit, changed my initial setting to 25* instead of 22*, we'll see how it acts tonight when it's cold. Car has been kinda angry on cold take offs, though maybe if I actually broke down and bought a new choke cover I wouldn't have that problem :lol: .

I technically didnt "do" anything to it but I did get my first speeding ticket in it. It wasnt my fault though, "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray Vaughan was on the radio :mrgreen:

Over the past three weekends, taking into account the heat index of 115 and only surviving a couple of hours at a time,
we pulled the v6, replaced the front springs, replaced the front shocks, lubed the front end and put in the V8 motor mounts.

got her started, broken in and timed. gotta finish up the little stuff.

FINALLY FINISHED THE FRAME REPAIR, ON THE MALIBU! ALL WHATS LEFT TO DO, IS STRAP IN THE GAS TANK....THEN GO!!!!!

today i backed it out of the drive way and then backed it in further off the drive way so my mom can park in the center if her 2 1/2 car garage... :roll:

Bought a new shifter cable, since I am going from a 3spd auto, to the new 200-4R. Also signed some more closing papers on the new house, which will in turn get the 87 to a garage finally. We are looking at closing by the end of the month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor