What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blew the top rad hose last night a few hours from home, it was a fairly new hose so that surprised me. I was on my way to watch a few friends race at Sauble Speedway. The Canadian Tire in Owen Sound had no upper hoses so I got a 1 3/4" union for the exhaust and spliced the hose back together ans since there is no bubble on the pipe I used 2 hose clamps on each side to make it home. The trip back was fun cause the MSD box and coil were drenched in coolant. I washed them off but the car sputtered a few times on the way back but thankfully cleared up when I got back in my city. I tried to get a new hose today and no one who is open today has one including Napa. If I find one tomorrow I'm getting 2 and a back up for the lower.

Dropped the LT1/4L60E in place for mock up. The A/C compressor is very close so when the engine comes back out to become a 383, I'll do some frame notching. Now I can go to DenCol steel supply and pick up the tubing for a dual exhaust trans crossmember.
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    885.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    946.3 KB · Views: 208
Dropped the LT1/4L60E in place for mock up. The A/C compressor is very close so when the engine comes back out to become a 383, I'll do some frame notching. Now I can go to DenCol steel supply and pick up the tubing for a dual exhaust trans crossmember.View attachment 52261 View attachment 52261

monster engine hoist, talk about over kill...😛

It could probably lift the car.

I do every day. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic. I buffed the paint on my first car this weekend. My late father left me a bunch of buffer, but never taught me how to do it. The buffer burnt up half way through the first step. Went to town and bought a new buffer today. On the way home I cutt though a small town about three miles from my house, and there was a car show going on. Wish I new about it a little sooner. There was no g body cars there. Kind of shocking. Went home and finished buffing my paint out. Was a lot of work, but the car looks awesome now.20160626_195331.jpg 20160626_215250.jpg

Last night my alternator/water pump belt went the way of the dodo and it either flung off and hit the lower rad hose knocking it off, or it got hot (gauge was only at 200, equus gauge) and blew off. Either way, coolant everywhere. Had to leave the car over night but I procured a SMOOTH V belt and all is right. Might get one one size bigger though for more adjustability.

I experinced the highs and lows of cars todays. Finally figured out my trans leak after a couple months!! Thought it was coming from the pan but was leaking from the tv cable housing and running down the whole time. Drove the car and had a belt squeal so took a look and realized the alternator was adjusted all the way out and the belt was kind of loose. Got a shorter belt and while moving the alternator touched the positive stud to the motor and fried the wire all the way back to the battery. Guess the car will be parked again till I get time to fix it. Sorry but needed to vent a bit. I should of known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor