What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG951533.jpg
    IMG951533.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 328
Ordered a new fuel sending unit and straps. Got a fender painted and set out to fully dry.

20160805_204121.jpg Well last night I took the Monte to a car show. Meet some new friends and talked about cars all night. For some reason people keep coming up to me wanting to sell me Monte Carlos. A eighty seven SS arrow couple and a 79 Monte Carlo interested me, but I have no money. Today I got my 70 Nova out of storage. Got it running and cleanedup. Had a eighty year old man trying to pick a fight with me over my open headers. Taked to the county serif about my open headers, and then watched him drool all over my car!

View attachment 53336 Well last night I took the Monte to a car show. Meet some new friends and talked about cars all night. For some reason people keep coming up to me wanting to sell me Monte Carlos. A eighty seven SS arrow couple and a 79 Monte Carlo interested me, but I have no money. Today I got my 70 Nova out of storage. Got it running and cleanedup. Had a eighty year old man trying to pick a fight with me over my open headers. Taked to the county serif about my open headers, and then watched him drool all over my car!
Very nice monte. I keep forgetting it's a pre Gn turbo car. Well I guess part of your name is Turbo. 😛

Passed 88,000 miles last night (Friday night) and now have 88,250. Went on a trip to the edge of Iowa in Elk Horn, beautiful little Dutch town, to sell some drag slicks I had. I am now $150 richer.

*EDIT* I am now $70 richer. I bought AC Delco R45TSX plugs. WOW what an improvement from those Autolite 25s I had in there. ran out of money and had em new in the box sitting on the shelf. They threaded in and didn't have any fitment issues so I used em. The car starts easier and doesn't burble as much on decel. Also bought #CA-1951 kickdown cable from O'Reilly's and next week I'm gonna go to my local yard and nab a correct style throttle bracket. V6 one sits way too high and has the cable at a 45 degree angle from the intake.

Reactions: drogg1
Also does anyone know of any pick your part type yards in/around the Des Moines, IA area? only one's that have a good selection of 80s gm stuff of course but anything pre-1987 peaks my interest. Also does anyone else hate it when those asshats wont let you in a yard unless you tell them SPECIFICALLY what you need, then they tell you they don't have it when you know they do? Like they don't even know what's in their own damn yard. Also if anyone is in the area, in Des Moines at Yaw's Auto Salvage there are a couple SBC with aluminum intakes sprinkled thoughout the yard. Even a 71 malibu with a pre-edelbrock carter carb.

pulled the car cover off and used it to jump start my boat ( guess I left the battery turned on last time we were on the water ). Other than that its been too damn hot to take the car anywhere. When I started the car I noticed an exhaust leak. Upon further inspection discovered that I am missing 1 header bolt and 4 others were only finger tight. Its a spring ritual to snug up the bolts which I did.... I am now wondering if the fact that I am running leaner = a little hotter and the bolts backed off ? I have had those exhaust gaskets on there for at least 5 years with no issues otherwise.

So now the '84 car needs work, the '87 boat needs work, and I don't feel like working on either of them LOL

Off to the Potato Fest instead with the family. It looks kinda goofy, hopefully it will be fun !

When I started the car I noticed an exhaust leak. Upon further inspection discovered that I am missing 1 header bolt and 4 others were only finger tight. Its a spring ritual to snug up the bolts which I did.... I am now wondering if the fact that I am running leaner = a little hotter and the bolts backed off ? I have had those exhaust gaskets on there for at least 5 years with no issues otherwise.

So now the '84 car needs work, the '87 boat needs work, and I don't feel like working on either of them LOL

Off to the Potato Fest instead with the family. It looks kinda goofy, hopefully it will be fun !

I use these and they don't back off...

https://www.proformparts.com/produc...LTS_3_4_L_x_3_8_b_16_bolts_b_/category_id/320

for me the hotter the better, t tops are coming off and I'm headed for the longest way to go nowhere....🙂

Last edited:
Haven't got to do much lately, but the street rod nationals plus(anything 30 years and older) is in town here in Louisville which brings in 10,000 plus cars. As of a few years back now the g body cars can show up so my eyes were peeled as i looked through all the sweet rides! Took a few pics and here they are!!!!

Attachments

• 20160807_092821.jpg
    20160807_092821.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 344
  • 20160807_121441.jpg
    20160807_121441.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 305
  • 20160807_122021.jpg
    20160807_122021.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 316
  • 20160807_124752.jpg
    20160807_124752.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 327
when for a great dive today., t tops off and XM was playing some awesome old school motown hits.....then on the way home on an entrance ramp my Howe hydraulic throw out bearing threw up instead of out. Had the Howe sitting around for a couple of years after using I for a few years so the seals probably let go. Came home on a flatbed so the GP is back in my "shop" back up on jack stands and I'll see what needs to be done tomorrow. I'll probably take out the Howe and install the slave cylinder cause the price of a new Howe with the low canadain dollar is ridiculous. But for now I'm heading out to grab a beer and a burger....🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor