What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That paint is loud! Hood looks good though.

That was the color of his old car with the same heavy gold and silver metal flake. The Cutlass could use a repaint due to the amount of scratches from it's previous life, but my son won't paint it due to his old car was 3 days post paint job when it was totaled. Superstition !

Thanks for the compliment though.

Xdrenaline

n00b
Aug 11, 2016
Bonnewagon-I don't feel bad anymore. Haha sucks man. That sounds like a lot of work for something so miniscule. Good luck man.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
after listening to the ticking all summer I finally changed the leaking header gasket. Took it for a test run and the car really likes the cooler air.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I got my new rearend home. I got a good deal on posi 8.5 from cureless.
2016-09-15 21.01.17.jpg
little crusty but nothing a wire wheel and paint can't fix. Going to need new brake lines and wheel cylinders. Can you see the quarter inch drive socket on the bleed screw?
2016-09-15 21.00.49.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got my new rearend home. I got a good deal on posi 8.5 from cureless. View attachment 54555 little crusty but nothing a wire wheel and paint can't fix. Going to need new brake lines and wheel cylinders. Can you see the quarter inch drive socket on the bleed screw? View attachment 54556
You gotta get me one of these rear ends before winter, since you're in Iowa and all. PM me next time you come across one. I'll pay of course.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You gotta get me one of these rear ends before winter, since you're in Iowa and all. PM me next time you come across one. I'll pay of course.
This one came from Grand Rapids Michigan. Only 150 bucks to ship. I have asked around the local Grand National guy's, but none of them want to give up anything! Keep a eye out and be quick if you want one I guess. I was going to try and get it in my car for Cruise To The Woods, but decided to do it right this winter.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
This one came from Grand Rapids Michigan. Only 150 bucks to ship. I have asked around the local Grand National guy's, but none of them want to give up anything! Keep a eye out and be quick if you want one I guess. I was going to try and get it in my car for Cruise To The Woods, but decided to do it right this winter.
Cool man.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Drove the GP to my son's house in Mapleton which is about 35 minutes from my place. It's a nice drive on 2 lane country roads. I cut the grass which takes about 2 hours to get some exercise and then jumped in the 80˜ salt water pool with my my son and my grand kids....then a nice drive home...life is good..:)

Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
GP- that's nice country around there. I get a seasons pass to Belwoods / Shand Dam the last 3 years to boat and fish. I figure we may retire to around Arthur / Erin area when the time comes

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Wednesday night i swapped out my old 8.5", 3.73 powertrax drum brake rear end with a 8.5", 3.42 factory post rear end. i also added ls1 rear disc brakes at the same time. tonight i finished the project with attaching the parking brake. this is a welcome change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor