What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked past it again on my way to work! All this overtime is good money but I never see the family or garage.

Participated in my first ever drag race at Osceola Dragway. :mrgreen:
Details later.

Moved a full truckload of tools from my Mom's garage, to our new house and garages...literally a truckload...hand tools, power tools, specialty tools, and my rollaround tool chest..even brought creeper since I am lucky to not be working in gravel anymore.damn it felt good. Have to wait till next weekend to get some more.

I swapped in a 195* thermostat for the winter. (Oh,THAT'S why my feet were cold. DOH! :roll: ) Of course the water outlet leaked again so I BOILED it in the pot that I was verifying my stat opening temp in and FINALLY the hairline crack was revealed. I knew it had to be cracked, but couldn't find it. Replaced it with a cast iron one from Four Seasons- that should hold up better. Oh, and out of three new stats, only one opened and closed correctly at the right temps.
31NFZHV4BTL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

YEAH!!!! Put blower on, distrib, plugs, wires, starter, connected exhaust, carb, alt, and power steering pump. REALLY GOOD WEEKEND. Started it for about 30 sec. to be sure it would fire. Few more days and I should have about 500 horses pulling my monte. About one more week to drive before putting the cover on her for the winter. Have to wait til next year to play some more on the road.

Attachments

• 100_0583.jpg
    100_0583.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 999
Finally cut the spring perches off my 12 bolt rear end so I can put the stock perches on. Now I need to take out the stock rear end so I can cut the perches off it. Lookin for a 12 bolt posi to throw in there. I couldn't imagine spinning the 24's and only leaving one line in the street.

redboy504 said:
Finally cut the spring perches off my 12 bolt rear end so I can put the stock perches on. Now I need to take out the stock rear end so I can cut the perches off it. Lookin for a 12 bolt posi to throw in there. I couldn't imagine spinning the 24's and only leaving one line in the street.

I just used the perches on the A body rear, JBrue did as well on his 12 bolt...

I just drove my GP today and I am NOT looking forward to putting it away for the winter... 🙁

over the past few days getting the wagon fit for daily duty as I will be selling my truck, changed the master, bled the brakes, changed the ignition cylinder as the old was toast (didn't need a key to start the car). I don't think that I got all the air so I am making a power bleeder should be good to go tomorrow. And I changed the steering wheel and put on a grant (first time ever I had a prob installing a wheel the holes did not match up and I had to drill them out to get them to line up, QC down down over at grant on this one!) But hopefully the wagon will only be on duty for a little while, as I accumulate parts for the bmw need shocks, struts, clutch kit, and a flywheel then the beamer and the wagon can switch roles 😀

wade

Me and my bro took out our Malibu's for some pics and tire roasting before the long winter storage :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click on pic for the action................Oh yeah,,,, TURN UP the volume :lol: :lol:

19cutlass79 said:
over the past few days getting the wagon fit for daily duty as I will be selling my truck, changed the master, bled the brakes, changed the ignition cylinder as the old was toast (didn't need a key to start the car). I don't think that I got all the air so I am making a power bleeder should be good to go tomorrow. And I changed the steering wheel and put on a grant (first time ever I had a prob installing a wheel the holes did not match up and I had to drill them out to get them to line up, QC down down over at grant on this one!) But hopefully the wagon will only be on duty for a little while, as I accumulate parts for the bmw need shocks, struts, clutch kit, and a flywheel then the beamer and the wagon can switch roles 😀

wade

if your stuck bleeding the brakes on your own these speed bleeders work great..

main_bleeder.jpg

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/sp ... stic.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor